Chapter 17

Jessica

We just landed in New York a few minutes ago. We were now waiting for the rest of our luggage so we could head to my parents house. They insisted on meeting us at the airport but with all the reporters and paparazzi following them around, I didn't want to be bombarded at the airport. I knew they were just trying to get information on myself and Ryder, but I still wasn't ready to talk to anyone about the things I went through during the time I was married. 

"Hey Jess, come on. I've already gathered our bags." I looked down and sure enough, all of our luggages were at my side. I gave Keaton a nod and we started walking toward the exit. 

We walked out through the arrivals side and outside I was met with a familiar face. "Frank!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face. I quickly dropped my bags and ran to give the old man a hug. Frank has been my family's "chauffeur" ever since we were in Seattle. We were lucky when he agreed to move to New York with us because we knew we could never find another guy like him, he was family. 

"Hey there pumpkin. I missed you too. But we must get going, your parents can't wait to see you both." Frank laughed as he pulled away from our hug. "Keaton, how are you?" Frank asked, looking at my brother. 

"I'm really good Frank, it's great seeing you. It's been too long." Keaton replied with a smile on his face as he gave Frank a hug.

Keaton and Frank loaded the bags into the car and then we made our way to the house. I looked out the window, watching as we passed by the tall buildings. After driving for an hour, we were finally through the gates and parked in front of our house.

"Just leave the bags, your mom and dad must be waiting for you inside." Frank suggested as we got out of the car. Keaton and I both nodded in agreement and walked up the steps to the front door. When we were about to turn the nob, the door had already swung open and we were met with our parents smiling faces.

"Oh my babies, you're finally home! We've missed you both so much!" My mom cried as she pulled us into a hug. 

"Hi mom, we missed you too." I laughed as I returned her hug. When she finally let go, I went up to my dad and gave him a hug as well. "Hi dad" 

"Hi sweetheart. I missed you." He mumbled into my hair before giving me a kiss on my head. 

"I know, I missed you too. It feels good to be home." I replied as I broke from the hug and started to walk into the house, followed by my parents and Keaton.

"So how was Seattle? How was everyone? It's been so long, they should visit soon." My mom suggested as we settled in the living room. 

"They're pretty good. Landon and Marisa are having a baby and are moving here as well. They should be arriving in a few days, they didn't want to take the risk of flying even though they're only a few months pregnant. Everyone else is good, they miss you guys a lot. Especially Drew even though he was just here before Jess left." Keaton replied will a smile on his face. 

My dad chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully. "That kid was always so overdramatic. I miss having those kids around, you guys were always such good friends ever since high school and through college. It's nice to know that you still have them around." I couldn't agree more. They were always there for us, just like we were always there for them.

We sat around and talked for a few more hours. Dad and Keaton talked about our branch in Seattle while mom and I talked about what I did in Seattle. I was thankful they didn't bring up Ryder yet. I think they knew that I still need some time. I just wanted to start fresh.

"Honey, I'm going to the Salon with Trisha tomorrow. Do you want to join us? It will just be the three of us." My mom asked with a hopeful look on her face. I'm sure Keaton probably told her that I was housebound nearly my entire time in Seattle. She was probably just trying to get me out of the house, but Trisha is Ryder's mom. I didn't want to create an awkward atmosphere the entire time.