Chapter 21

Ryder

I groaned as I started to feel the bright sun on my face. I slowly sat up, my head was pounding and I felt like the entire room was spinning. I got off the bed and slowly made my way towards the bathroom. 

I took off all my clothes and stepped into the shower. I flinched as the cold water made contact with my body but then soon relaxed. The cold water helped ease my pounding head a bit, but I quickly finished my shower, knowing that Linda would have a feast waiting down stairs for me, just like she always did when I had a hangover.

I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my naked waist. I quickly made my way to the closet, shivering as the cool are made contact with my bet body. I got dressed in dark blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt and made my way down the stairs. I couldn't smell anything cooking and the house was completely silent. I walked into the kitchen to find it empty, no one was there and there was no food on the table. 

I was very confused at this point and it didn't help that my head was still slightly pounding. I walked around the house and found Linda in the laundry room, folding some clothes. 

"Linda," I called out to her. She quickly spun around looking shocked. 

"Oh, good morning Mr. Fitzgerald. I see you're finally awake." She greeted. 

"Yes. I was just wondering when my breakfast would be ready?" I asked, my eagerness to get some food in my system was overwhelming. 

"Oh, of course sir. One moment." Linda dropped the clothes back in the basket and made her way into the kitchen. I followed right behind her and sat on one of the stools at the counter. 

I watched as linda grabbed two eggs from the refrigerator and a pan from one of the cabinets. She cracked open the two eggs and put it into the pan, sprinkling a bit of black pepper and salt. Once the eggs were cooked, she put it onto a plate, grabbed a fork, and placed the dish in front of me. I looked down at the plate of eggs shocked. Usually after a night of drinking, I woke up to bacon, eggs, sausages, oatmeal, bananas, watermelon, blueberries, and more. I wasn't kidding when I said it was a feast. 

"Is something wrong Mr. Fitzgerald?" Linda asked. 

I looked up from the plate and shook my head. "Oh, uhm no nothing is wrong Linda. I was just expecting the large meal you usually make me after a hangover." I confessed, looking back down at the plate and feeling a bit disappointed. 

"Large meal?" Linda said, sounding very confused. 

"Yes, you know the bacon, eggs, sausages...the fruit plate, coffee, and more." I listed for her. Linda still held a confused look on her face and started to shake her head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Fitzgerald, but I think you're confused. I never made any meals for you. Mrs. Jessica did. I always offered, but she was the one who always wanted to make your meals." Linda confessed. I was completely shocked. This entire time I thought that Linda was the one who went all out on my meals and that Jessica just sat around all day. 

"What else did Jessica do?" I asked, now very curious. 

"Mrs. Jessica always made sure to iron all your clothes, make your bed, and dust your office. She wanted to make sure that everything was perfect by the time you got home from work." Linda replied. 

"I see. Thank you Linda, you may go now." Linda nodded her head and walked out of the kitchen. 

My head was now pounding harder that it did when I woke up. I was so confused, I never knew how much Jessica cared for me, for my health, for my comfort. Yet I treated her like she was worthless, like she was trash. I let out a loud groan and fisted my hair in my hands. It's like everything that I once knew was a lie. First, the woman I thought loved me betrayed me and I completely betrayed the  woman who loved me. I was completely blinded by a false love that I didn't notice what was going on around me.