Chapter 10

~Jayy's Pov~

Dahvie and I ran to where we thought Cyrus would be and sure enough, he was. At least, one of his slaves had said that he was here on his way to do, I'm guessing, some errands Cyrus had given him. Dahvie lead the way up to the large door and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes, there still wasn't an answer so he rang it again. This time, the door opened.

"Do you realize how annoying-" Cyrus began till he noticed it was us. "Oh, hello. What a lovely surprise to see you two here."

I growled and moved forward but Dahvie stopped me.

"Where is she?" I hissed.

"Who? Helen? She just left with Jared to do some errands." He said.

This time, I lunged forward and pinned him to the wall by his collar.

"Where is Evelyn!?!" I demanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He growled.

"Bullshit! It was your scent that was in her room. Where is she!?!"

Then, there came a low growl from behind me, causing Cyrus to looked back and smirk. I turned and there stood Evelyn, crouching down. I looked her over and instantly knew what happened. I turned back to Cyrus and growled.

"How could you do this to her!?!"

"Oh please, Jeremy, I did what was best for her. After all, I doubt you'd want Dorian to find out that you fell in love with a human. Now, you can be with her forever." He explained.

I released my hold on him and stepped back.

"That is, of course, if she chooses to be with you." He added.

I turned and looked back at Eve. She stood straight and stared between Cyrus and me. As soon as I moved, her eyes snapped to me and her lips curled up over her elongated fangs. Well, this was going to take some getting used to. Cyrus walked forward and grabbed both of our wrists. I pulled against his hold but he held fast. He dragged us both to some room and threw us in it.

"Let the bonding begin." He said before closing the door and locking us in.

Evelyn growled and ran at the door, clawing at it, desperate to escape.

"It's no use." I said.

She turned and glared at me.

"The door's made of silver and silver weakens your powers." I explained.

She huffed and sat on the floor. I looked around the room. It had many antique statues and trinkets. I looked all of them over. A few of them date back to the 1600s. I'm guessing this is where Cyrus kept the things he gathered for memories. They also helped you gather what kind of person he was. He was into the dark, Gothic era. I sense Eve directly behind me. I looked back and she was looking at them along with me. When she caught me looking at her, she backed up and hissed.

"Do you not remember me?" I asked.

She shook her head. 

"Do you remember the name Anabelle at all?" I decided to start off easy.

She nodded. "Girl with light purple hair?"

"Yeah. Do you remember the name Dahvie?" I asked.

"Yeah, the guy with colorful hair." She said.

"What about the name Zeke?"

"He was the one that tried attacking me." She said.

"Then, do you remember the name Jayy?" I asked.

"He's the one that saved me." She said.

"Then, who am I?" I asked.

"You remind me off Jayy but you look different." She said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Well, the Jayy I knew didn't have scars all over his body." She explained.

"Your sense are heightened so you can see things that weren't visible to you as a human." I said.

She didn't say anything. She just stared up at me for a few minutes. Then, she walked over and hugged my waist tightly. I hugged back tighter, kissing her head. She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back and placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it gently. I can't get over how beautiful she is. I mean, she was beautiful as a human but now? She's absolutely stunning.

"Eve?" I asked.

"Yes?"

Just say it Jayy...

"I think I'm in love with you." I said.

She smiled up at me.

"Really?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Well then, that makes it easier for me to say that I'm in love with you too." She said.

I smiled and hugged her again. This time, I lifted her off the ground, causing her to giggle. I set her back down and knocked on the door. Cyrus unlocked it and let us out.

"About time." He grumbled. "I was beginning to think you two were going to stay in there for a millennium."

"Oh hush, we weren't in there that long." Eve said.

"You two were in there for four hours." Dahvie said.

Well, damn. I didn't even noticed how long we were in there nor did I care honestly. What matters is that I have Evelyn back and I'm never going to let her go.