Chapter 7

~Eve's Pov~

I woke up the next morning to a slight breeze flowing across my skin. I shivered slightly and looked around. I noticed that I wasn't in my room immediately. The walls were a dark red as opposed to my dark purple walls. Then, the events of last night flooded my mind. Zeke pushing me into this room. The kiss Jayy and I shared. And everything else that had happened.

I looked beside me to find Jayy not there. That was probably why I was so cold right now. I wrapped the sheets around me and got out of the bed. I winced slightly as a sharp pain shot up from my thighs. I looked around for my clothes but they had vanished. Not a single article of my clothing was to be found. I sighed and walked over to the door. Peeking out to make sure no one would see, I made my way to my room and walked in.

Taking a shower was the first thing that came to my mind until I saw something sitting on my bed. I walked over and retrieved it. It was a note from Jayy, Dahvie and Zeke. Apparently, they had to go to some council meeting in England and wouldn't be back for about a week. At least Belle was here to keep me company.

I took a warm shower and got ready for the day. I left my hair the way it was and didn't bother with any makeup since I knew I wasn't going anywhere. I walked downstairs and joined Belle, who was in the kitchen making breakfast. She smiled at me as I entered the room. I smiled back and sat at the counter.

"Good morning, hun." She said.

"Morning." I said back.

"I'm guessing you had an eventful night?" She asked, a hint of a smirk on her face.

"How did-" I started.

"You were pretty loud. I bet the entire state could hear you." She laughed.

I looked down to hide the blush that was forming in my cheek. That only caused her to laugh harder. I shook my head and glared at her playfully. She chuckled and sat a plate of food in front of me. I looked at it. Chocolate chip waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs. My favorite. I ate it slowly, savoring the taste.

~Time lapse: almost midnight~

I headed up to my room as I started to get tired. I was so tired that I almost fell down the stairs several times. When I finally made it up the stairs, I made my way down the dark hallway to my room. As soon as I stepped foot into the threshold of my door, a hand appeared in front of me and clamped down on my throat. Another hand covered my mouth, preventing me from making any noise.

Whoever it was pulled me into the room and closed the door. Then, they pushed me against it roughly. I clawed at the hands that were holding me, struggling to get free. A low sound entered my ears. The sound of cruel laughter. Through the darkness, I could make out a tall, dark figure but I couldn't distinguish any features.

The figure let go of my mouth but refused to let go of my throat. If anything, he tightened his grip, causing my to gasp for air. Then he loosened his grip. It was a warning. I knew that he'd surely kill me if a even tried to call for help but he also wanted me to speak to him. He waited patiently for the words to flow from my mouth.

"W-who are you?" I asked, trying to sound confident.

The figured chuckled evilly.

"I am Cyrus. The leader of the council here in this country." He informed me.

Great, more vampires. I thought immediately.

"Indeed. Did you honestly think that your hosts were the only ones around here? Stupid girl. You should know better." He said, clearly reading my thoughts.

"Stay out of my head!" I threatened.

The figure, Cyrus, smirked, showing his snow white fangs.

"Or you'll what? You're only a mere human. No threat to me." He said, obviously amused.

He tightened his grip on my neck, cutting off my air supply. I gasped for air and tore at his hands.

"I wonder what young Jeremy will say to you turning." His said, almost to himself.

I gulped. Please don't.

Cyrus smirked and inched closer to me. I began to shake in fear as his face grew closer to my neck. He let go of my neck but placed his hand over my mouth. His other hand gripped my shoulder, pinning me to the door. I could feel his breath on my neck. I closed my eyes instinctively, not wanted to see anything.

Suddenly, I felt a slight pinch in my neck. I gasped slightly, not only from the pinch but because it was right on my weak spot. I shivered at the feeling. I knew he was drinking from me but honestly, there wasn't much I could do. I gripped onto him to keep from falling as he drank more. I could feel myself slipping away. He removed his hand from my mouth and placed it on my other shoulder. About a moment later, he pulled away completely. My vision wavered and I collapsed to the ground. Cyrus kneeled beside me and tilted his head.

"It's a shame. If only Jeremy were smart enough to do it himself. Oh well, he'll be in for a surprise when he gets back." He said, smirking.

That's the last thing I was completely aware of before I slipped into darkness.