Chapter 9

~Jayy's Pov~

I was so relieved that the meeting wasn't all that serious. However, I think I was more relieved when we were finally able to head home. I couldn't wait to be back home and just plop down on my bed. The plane ride was long. I think it was the longest I've ever been on. I just listened to music the entire time while Dahvie slept on my shoulder. We received some pretty foul looks and comments but I brushed them off. He was like a brother to me and it was their assumptions that made them stupid.

Once the plane had landed, we got off and got our luggage. Zeke led us to the car and we all got in. The ride home was quiet except for the music playing on the radio. What was playing absolutely repulsed me. I don't know what is was or what was singing it but it sounded like a cat being strangled after it was hit by a train. In other words, it sounded like a dying cat.

The songs after it weren't that much better so I did what I do best by making remarks about it. Dahvie and Zeke both gave a few chuckles. I was relieved when the radio cut out as well as the engine, signalling our arrival home. I got out and grabbed my bags out of the trunk before heading inside. I was immediately greeted with an anxious looking Anabelle.

"You okay?" I asked as Zeke and Dahvie walked in.

"I'm fine." She answered.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Please tell us." Dahvie pleaded.

"Eve.." She trailed off.

"What about her?" Zeke asked.

I didn't stick around long enough to hear the rest of the conversation. Leaving my bags by the door, I bolted upstairs. I called for her but I received no reply. I checked everywhere for her. The library, my room, the guest rooms but she wasn't there. I checked her room last. I opened her door to find her not there. I looked around. I saw a few drops of blood on the carpet. Sniffing the air, I could tell that it was hers. But there was another scent. I instantly identified it as Cyrus. Enraged, I made my way back down to the others.

"She was taken!" I growled.

"How do you know?" Anabelle asked.

"Someone else's scent was in her room." I said. "It was Cyrus."

"We have to find her." Dahvie said.

"That will only lead to a fight." Zeke stated.

"It'd be worth it." I said.

"You sure about that, Jeremy? Are you really ready to fight for someone you met only a couple months ago? " He asked.

I didn't say anything. Mostly due to the fact that it'd only lead to him finding out my feelings for her. Yes I, Jeremy Brian Griffis, fell in love with a human. Zeke would kill me if he found out. Dahvie knows. I told him the morning we left for the meeting. He promised not to say anything either. I sighed and looked at Zeke.

"We have to do something." I said.

"Like what?" Zeke asked.

I could tell he was starting to get agitated but we had to find Eve.

"I don't know but we can't just sit around and wait for her to show up in a body bag." I said.

"Then go search for her. My guess is that she's with Cyrus since her scent was in her room." Zeke said.

He was really starting to aggravate me. Eve was missing and he didn't even seem to care. I growled at him once before bolting out of the house, Dahvie not far behind. We took off toward where we knew Cyrus would be. At least, I hoped he'd be. I really hope that he didn't hurt her too bad. Judging by the blood on the carpet, the injury wasn't bad but that was just at the house. Who knows what could've happened after he had kidnapped her.