Chapter 8

~Cyrus's Pov~

I watched as the girl named Evelyn collapsed to the ground, unconscious. If only young Jeremy were smart enough to change her on his own, he wouldn't be in this mess. Oh well, he was in for a surprise when he returned from the meeting in England. I stayed where I was, making sure Evelyn remained quiet so she wouldn't alert the other one of my presence. I listened closely, hearing the slight heartbeat from Evelyn and the steady beat of Anabelle's heart from downstairs.

Then, Evelyn jumped forward as spasms racked through her body. She coughed and struggled for air. This was the normal reaction for the transformation. After a couple minutes, her body went still. Her heartbeat stopped as well. I waited patiently, listening. Minutes passed and the silence grew deafening.

Then, as soon as it had stopped, her heart began racing until it reached a steady pace. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked around. As soon as her eyes landed on me, she jumped up. I held my hands up in defense to show I wouldn't hurt her. She inhaled a sharp breath as she narrowed her eyes and glared at me.

"What do you want?" She growled.

"Well, considering the fact that I already got what I wanted, I merely need to teach you the ways of our kind." I said.

She sighed, giving up easily as if she knew she wouldn't win an argument. I mentally smirked and walked over to the window. I looked back at her and motioned for her to follow before jumping out. Once I had landed perfectly on my feet, I looked back up to see her standing there, debating whether to jump.

"You'll be fine." I called up.

She hesitated for another moment before jumping out, landing beside me. I grabbed her wrist and ran into the woods, surprised that she could keep up with me. Most newborn vampires are much slower than older ones. Hmmm, maybe that was one of her talents. I lead her through the woods until we reached the city. From there, I began leading her through the shadows, searching for victims.

She hesitantly followed me as I crept between buildings and alleyways. I paused for a moment and sniffed the air. The scent of blood filled my nostrils and I instantly took off toward it, Evelyn not far behind. Once I reached it, I saw four cars completely demolished with human bodies scattered in the glass and debris. I looked back at Evelyn and motioned for her to go ahead. She looked at me and shook her head.

"They're already dying." I stated.

"I don't care. They're people with feelings." She argued.

"Yeah people who are probably in a lot of pain, wishing for it to be over." I retorted.

She opened her mouth but quickly closed it before walking forward, defeat written all over her face.

~Anabelle's Pov~

I am freaking out right now. It's been two hours since I found out that Evelyn wasn't anywhere to be found and she isn't answering her phone. I would try calling Jayy or even Dahvie or Zeke but they are attending an important meeting and won't be home for three more days. God, I just hope she's okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short I know but it'll get better next chapter, I promise. :)