You Don't Know A Thing (Chapter 7)

Niall’s P.O.V.

I looked at Alea, clutched her daughter close to her chest. I looked at Cora closely- she was a spitting image of her mother. People say it’s impossible for a child of her age to be able to guess who her mum is without ever seeing her. Maybe it was just a guess, but… She sounded sure even though it was a question. I took a deep breath and the smell of freshly baked bread and stew hit me. My stomach rumbled- Alea and the director looked up at the same time. Cora giggled and squirmed trying to get a look at me. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled goofily. Cora giggled again and I waved at her. She waved back. Alea smiled warmly at me. Joy filled my heart- before she looked at me with daggers for eyes and her expression seemed to say, “You don’t know a thing”. To see her real smile… It’s priceless. “Sorry,” I mumbled barely audible. I heard Alea stifle a sigh. She seemed confused and stressed at the same time, like she couldn’t decide what and who to be. I looked at Alea and Cora, Alea looked scared and determined- an attitude I have mastered- like when I have to walk through a crowd of screaming fans. I swallowed hard and fought down my feelings- some things were more important than my feelings. I focused on what the elderly director looks like. I wanted to know if she was kind looking or not. Her gray and white streaked hair and glasses gave her a strong maternal look. Her chocolate brown eyes were warm. Her clothes made her look like a librarian however- the periwinkle cardigan, the pink old-fashioned-skirt and white blouse… She seemed to genuinely care about my daughter. I mean Alea’s daughter. Alea looked at the papers and then looked at me. She nodded her head down towards Cora and I reached over and grabbed her. "Hi, Cora." I whispered, smiling down at her. She looked up at me and put her little hands by her mouth and whispered, "Hi daddy."

~! A/N !~

Hey sunshines!

I just updated twice and my lovely editor -Brealynn- will be reading very soon, so if you notice any mistakes, they will be fixed promptly!!

Thanks sunshines!!

~PillarsofStone