You Don't Know A Thing (Chapter 5)

Alea’s P.O.V

I was nervous at first- to talk to Zayn that is. He was kind-of the deciding factor of whether I get my baby out of the horrid place I put her in. Over the years the more I thought about Cora, the worse I felt. I had scars on my wrists to prove how bad I felt. I hoped Zayn would like me. I figured that I might as well tell him the truth. When he got in the car, I continued, “Any who, I like race cars, but hate the smell of burning rubber, I like coffee, but only decaf, I love chocolate, but I can’t stand white chocolate, and I’ve been told I have a bad habit of talking back. Which is true, I’m sure.” I took a deep breath. I could tell by the look on his face he was hung-up on Cora. “He knows.” I said looking out the windshield, “Niall. He knows about Cora. He wants to help me get her back, so we’re gonna get married.” Finally it hit me. I was getting married. What the heck did I get myself into?! I took a deep breath and felt tears rise to my eyes. I almost forgot about Zayn until I heard his British accent hit my ears, “Don’t cry.” I turned to him, “I was just a little worried when you said you had a baby that’s all. Louis and El have one, too.” My eyes widened, “They have a baby? I’ve never heard screaming fans cry about that before…” I trailed off as I looked out the window. I heart stopped, “Stop the car.” I said quickly, “Stop the car! Stop the car! Now, Zayn!” I didn’t even wait for a response when the car slowed I jumped out. I ran across the street towards incoming traffic. I heard Zayn and Niall scream for me to stop, but I didn’t. I had to keep running. Finally when I reached my destination, I realized something. She wasn’t a mirage. She was here. Right here, right in front of me! “Cora…” I whispered, tears streaming down my face. The little girl with the auburn curls turned around, her stormy eyes latched on mine, “Momma?”

Niall’s P.O.V

I leave Alea with Zayn for five minutes… Five minutes! Next thing I know she’s running across oncoming traffic towards a shabby two story building! My heart stopped when she raced across the two lane highway. I didn’t hear any screams, but I did hear lots of horns. I ran after her- however I stopped at the median before barreling across the two lanes like Alea. When I made it over there all I heard was an older woman saying, “No dear. You don’t need to be married anymore. Single parents are allowed to adopt, though it’s strongly suggested that you are married.” My heart snapped. Alea didn’t need me anymore. Would she leave me or keep me?

--

Author's Note

Hey sunshines!! Sorry that Niall's P.O.V is so short! I wanna keep y'all in slight suspense. Keep reading, comment and vote! Thanks chickadees!

~ PillarsofStone Xx