You Don't Know A Thing (Chapter 4)

Alea’s P.O.V

My mind whirled as I tried to think of a way out of telling him. “I-” I started to say when the door opened. Oh. Great. Here they were. Right in front of me. They boys I wanted nothing to do with, but yet, here they were. They were all staring at me like I was a piece of meat, but then, most people do. I swallowed hard and I felt a lump develop in my throat. I curled my toes in my shoes. Curl, uncurl, curl, uncurl I took a deep and I felt Niall’s hand on the small of my back. He gently led me towards his friends. I wanted to scream and retreat, but I’m no coward. I was done plastering smiles on my face, so I kept a straight face. When I saw the happiness in all their eyes, I couldn’t help but let a small smile creep onto my face. I could tell Niall was nervous, too. I was really glad I had re-done my makeup and fixed my beanie. Zayn stepped forward, “Hi. I’m Zayn, but some of my close friends call me DJ Malik.” He extended his hand and I graciously accepted it. “I’m Alea, and I don’t have close friends.” All the boys laughed at statement, but it was true. I felt so much more relieved when they laughed. They weren’t forcing their laughter. It just came naturally. Louis came next, then Harry and finally Liam. They all seemed to accept me. It was foreign to me- being accepted so fast, in fact, being accepted at all. Zayn seemed to be the one who paid the most attention to me, his eyes never wavered from mine. It was almost like he was trying to decide what I was worth- if I was good enough for his best friend. I smiled at him, trying to let him know that I wanted to be friends with him, he seemed so sweet and the way he took care of Niall, priceless. I wanted my fiancée’s best friend to like me and be friends with me too. I cleared my throat and immediately wished I hadn’t drawn attention to myself. “So,” insert nervous laugh here, “I’m new to England, and I don’t know that many restaurants so what’s good?” Did that sound corny? I didn’t have time to worry about sounding corny and stupid, because Niall shouted, “Nandos!” before I could say anything. Nandos? What the…? “Nandos? Is that like Applebees?” I thought about how stupid I must seem.

Zayn’s P.O.V (Surprise!!)

I studied Alea intensely. She must have been so nervous and freaked out. She had done a good job with her make-up, but I’m gonna say that she was crying. I know enough from Perrie and my little sisters to know when a girl’s been crying. It must be so awkward for her, seeing five pop star boys right after you’ve been crying and you’re in a new country- I could tell she was American from her accent. Poor kid- she can’t be older than nineteen. She glanced over at me and smiled. She had a beautiful smile, but I had a girlfriend that I love dearly and this was a friendship smile, I know it. I heard her ask a question, but it didn’t register until Niall screamed Nandos. I laughed along with the other boys at Niall. He was like a like kid. I heard Alea ask if Nandos was like Applebee’s. “Um… Not exactly.” I said racking my brain trying to figure out how to describe Nandos. “They specialize in chicken and a special sauce called PERi PERi sauce. It’s Portuguese I think.” I said as I scratched my head as I thought about it. “Here’s a tip though, do not order anything extra hot. It burns really, really bad.” I wrapped my arm around Harry’s shoulders and smiled, “Off to Nandos then.” I watched Niall awkwardly take Alea’s hand as we started out the door. I heard Niall lean over and ask a question like, “What’s her name? Do you know?” It sounded muffled and I looked at the pictured at the end of the hallway using the glass as a mirror. Niall had his head really close to Alea’s ear. I smiled, knowing that Niall must really love her. Niall’s claustrophobic so for him to someone willingly is pretty cool. I moved my arm from Haz’s shoulder and waited for Niall and Alea to catch up. I studied Alea’s appearance, she had glowing skin, stormy grey eyes, ginger hair. I had never seen a ginger who could tan until now. She was beautiful, I could totally see why Niall liked her appearance, but Niall tends to love with his eyes first, then his heart. Her personallity must rock if Niall is with her and calling her "Princess" already. Niall looked up at me and smiled, "Mind if I steal her for a little bit?" Alea looked up at me. Her eyes flashed fear, then strength and I could tell she'd been through a lot. “Sure.” Niall answer. I smiled at Alea and Niall ran up to go talk with the other boys. “Hello, Zayn.” She said as we began to walk together, “I must be pretty special if I get your attention all to myself.” Her American accent seemed so strange in comparison to Niall’s Irish one. I laughed and smiled at the ground as we walked. I turned my head to her, “Tell me about yourself. Likes, dislikes, family life… past, present, future.” I tried to give her broad subjects so she would be more inclined to talk. “Well,” she said as we reached the lobby, “My parents are divorced, I lived with my mom for every other month and my dad when I wasn’t with her. I learned at a young age not to get too attached to anything. My mom only kept me because her mom left her, but she didn’t really care about me, my dad thought that guys with kids get more attention from ladies. Plus he thought that I could clean his house for him.” She laughed bitterly. “Which I did. I was put in foster care for exposing both my parents for child-labor. That sucked worse than my parents.” We walked towards my car as she continued, “My biggest regret is the fact I stuck my baby in foster care.” I must have looked at her funny because she laughed, “My baby. I had her at sixteen. Her name’s Cora, by the way. Any who,” she climbed into the front seat of my car as I moved around the front to get in the driver’s seat. She has a baby? Does Niall know?