You Don't Know A Thing (Chapter 6)

Alea’s P.O.V

All I could think about was the kiss. It wasn’t even anything serious, but it still sent sparks through my body. I didn’t know that such power could be in a kiss. I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about it. I was vaguely aware of Ms. Smith- the orphanage director- talking to me, “… and you could take her home today, Ms….” She trailed off and eyed me, “Horan. Alea Horan.” I flashed her my happiest smile. Her eyes showed recognition for the name, “I’m Niall Horan’s fiancée.” I wasn’t really paying attention to what I just said- all I could think about was how perfect Alea Horan sounded. A smile- a genuine smile- crossed my lips. I heard Niall’s laugh behind me. It was kinda a relieved laugh, like he wasn’t expecting to hear me say that. I turned around and smiled at him. I realized when my life was flashing before my eyes- Niall and Cora were the only bright spots. I felt like I knew him for forever, like in the Disney movie “Enchanted”. Niall wrapped his strong arms around my waist and I turned back to the orphanage director just as the rest of the boys came to join us. Her smile is sweet, kind, I almost feel sad about taking Cora from this loving environment. “I love seeing young couples head over heels.” I felt my heart swell with happiness, my lips showed my joy until she said, “There is one stipulation for the adoption. The father has four to six month time period to think over whether he wants the child or not.” My knees shook slightly. I was vaguely aware of Niall asking me if I was ok and Zayn asking a question like, “What if the father is a bad person?” or something like that. Everything seemed to move in a dream like state- Niall turning me to face him, my hands going to my face, the director answering Zayn, Cora spinning in circles. It was too much for me. Seeing everything happening at once. I slowly pulled my phone out of my pocket and selected the contact with the name, “*@%+&”. When he picked up, his voice was slippery sweet, sticky and nasty as ever, “Calling to gravel for your job?” I ground my teeth together, Count to ten, one, two, three, four, you know what? Screw this! I thought to myself. “I’m getting my daughter back- you have four months to decide if you want her.” I didn’t wait for a response, I didn’t want one. I hung-up the phone and looked desperately at Niall. He wrapped my small form in his arms. I listened to his heart beat steadily, why can’t I stay like this? The director mentioned papers and we all went inside. I almost forgot about the fact that Josh could mess everything up. Almost.

Josh’s P.O.V (Duh-duh-DUHHHHHHHH)

Oh this is too perfect- too delicious to pass by. I’ll get that little beoch for everything! Everything! She would pay a heavy fine for all the wrong she did. She made me popular, I got the girl no other guy could touch, it made me famous, but she wasn’t supposed to get pregnant. No, that was not a part of the plan. I told her she was supposed to abort the kid, but no, “it’s a life! I’m not a murder.” She whined. I couldn’t take it! I tried to set her up with someone else, but she didn’t want anyone else. She just wanted me to be a good caring boyfriend. Like that would happen. She never listened to me, so I wouldn’t listen to her. I pulled the GPS app up on my phone- just because I wouldn’t listen to her, didn’t mean I would let her date a guy who did. Her location flashed on the screen. Off a highway…? At an orphanage. Great, I thought when I shipped the kid off to England, Alea would never find her, yet there she was- at the bite-sized, run-down orphanage, right off a highway. I had always kept my eyes on Alea- watching her movements. I remember this one time, she met a guy who was flirting with her and she was flirting back! What the heck was wrong with her?! We were together and she was chatting and flirting with Richie.

--~~--~~--Flashback--~~--~~--

“So you drive a truck? That is so cool!” Alea smiled at the dope. He nodded his head- the cowboy hat that rested on his head sunk forward slightly. “Yes, ma’am- a 2010 Sierra. She’s my pride and joy.” The hick smiled and a row of perfect, white teeth flashed in the sunlight. Alea smiled back at him and told him she always wanted a truck. Richie then offered her- my girlfriend- a ride in the truck. As if she suddenly remembered I was there, she turned to me and asked if she could. “It’s just a truck. Besides, I’m not your owner, so why not?” I remember replying through clenched teeth. She was gone for forty minutes. Forty freaken minutes.

--~~--~~--End of Flashback--~~--~~--

I shook my head, “Focus. You have a task to do.”

~! A/N !~

This is dedicated to my sunshine, nikki0257. Thanks for the awesome comment! :)

~ Pillarsofstone