You Don't Know A Thing (Chapter 2)

Alea’s P.O.V

I was frustrated. What could I say? I was totally just flirting with a pop star. A pop star I profess to hate. I rolled my eyes as Josh starts to apologize for my inferior behavior. I felt like screaming, “I didn’t even do anything!” But that wouldn’t help much. The kerfuffle Josh was causing didn’t help the fact I was supposed to be laying low. I may owe some people some serious cash. I could not afford to lose this job. I was wrapped up in my own little thoughts when Niall’s smooth Irish accent cut Josh’s squeaky voice off, “Don’t worry, man. She was the face of perfect employee.” His gorgeous blue eyes landed on my lame gray ones. What color were they anyways? Blue isn’t the right word… No. They’re so beautiful no way blue could cover them. My own eyes are just plain gray. My dad used to try to convince me that they were stormy, not just gray. That they reflected my personality, just like everyone’s do. Niall’s seemed to be playful. They glinted in the dim lights and shined beautifully. I couldn’t help but stare at them. His eyes caught mine. I looked away and felt heat rising to my face.

 “Alea!” Josh screamed in my face. “You better stop dreaming and get your freaking head on straight! Your customer just ordered!”

I balled my fists and finally decided that enough was enough. I have taken too much of his crap, “You know what, Josh? I am tired of you and your crap! You think you own me but you’re wrong. I am a human being, not a dog! Can your small mind comprehend that!? I’m so outta here!” I yelled. It felt so good. I pulled off my green apron and shoved it at the son of a brick. “You push and push and push!” I wasn’t even sure where it was coming from, but I let it pour out of me. I grabbed Josh’s cup from his hands and dumped his smoothie onto his slick backed hair. I heard Niall start laughing and other people gasp in shock. I grabbed my coat from underneath the register. I started walking.

Josh’s squeaking girlie voice got even higher and squeakier, “I’ll get you for this Alea Johnson!”

I snorted slightly, “I’d like to see you try.” I walked out on my worn out heels. My black and white striped shirt fell of my shoulder and my black skinny jeans threaten to cut off my circulation, but I wanted to look good. I wanted Josh to know that I was beautiful, strong and he didn’t own me. He didn’t. Right? As I was walking out, I heard footsteps behind me. I pushed out the door and prepared myself for confrontation. When I turned around, there was Niall. Shades back on, hat straightened out. I raised my eyebrows and he just smiled at me. A crazy smile that made my heart skip a beat. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I was aware of Niall following me at a distance, but suddenly I was slammed against a wall.

Niall’s P.O.V

I was following Alea, just to annoy her enough to talk to me, but suddenly some son of a brick slammed her into a wall. I just remember him screaming, “Where’s my money?” I kinda blacked out. The next thing I remember is the guy laying on the ground and Alea shaking and crying. I looked at her and she crumbled into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her waist. She rested her head on my chest. I looked around and saw a small crowd gathering. Suddenly I wasn’t worried about the paparazzi; all I wanted was to get Alea to safety. I was vaguely aware of the whispers flying every which way asking who I was. I whispered, “Come on. I know somewhere more private.” Slowly I lead her away from the gawking crowd. There was a small building I knew well. I had a friend who lived there. We would often chill there when we had the time. Slowly I led Alea inside. I smiled at the woman at the desk. Her name was Macey. “'Sup Macey? We’re just gonna head up to Mike’s room.”

Macey looked up and smiled, “He’s not in.” I froze.                 

He usually was… I didn’t know what to say. I turned my head and looked out the clear, revolving door. Two black vans pulled up. I cursed under my breath. “He’s expecting us. Please.” I pulled my glasses off and gave her a pleading look, “Mace…” I begged. Her smile wavered and she tossed me the keys. “I could lose my job for this…” She grumbled. Before I could catch the keys, they were already in Alea’s hand. I laughed and smiled, “Wow, she’s great.” I thought.

 “Uh, Niall? If I were you, I’d get a move on. Those camera men look scary.” Macey’s voice broke my thoughts. I placed my hand on the small of Alea’s back and gently guided her towards the stairs. Her tears were dry, but it was obvious she had been crying.