Choices

Chapter 6

Looking thru the eyes of the beholders.

We seek what we can't have.

Casting a fake shadow around us.

So no one can see the evil the dwells within.

Come out and play and we'll forget about today.

Whisper in to wind and see where it will be carried.

Hold on for the ride because it will be delirious.

Watch over your sanity or have it devoured.

Come out and play and be my immortal slave.

   “My deary are you challenging me?” It hissed at me with black orbs staring a the place I now stood. All I needed to do was keep it talking. I tilted to my head to the side, but not showing my neck in submission. I stood straighter and smile.

“I see you want to play with me. Come out from behind your protective shield and we shall do just that.”

   I still refused to give this thing the satisfaciton of hearing me speak. I could feel the hunters coming and that they sensed the creature lurking just in front of me. It stood there glaring at me and all I could do was laugh.

“You're so pathetic that you have to steal another's power just to have a single once of the power my family has.” I knew I was pushing it and I wasn't afraid.

  I could feel the hunters they had stopped just down wind of us. They could see the creature and I knew what had to be done. They needed to get outside the gate.

“Let down your shield and then we can really play, my princess.”

  I was growing tired of that name coming out his mouth. I was not regular lady and I would show him. I dropped all protective shields and blew all the salt, red brick dust away. Now the only thing left standing between us was the iron gate. Which it jumped with ease. I instantly put the shields back up. It was stuck inside with me. I watched as it didn't seem to know it had just fell into a trap. Only I knew the shields were back up. I had to let Devin an Micheal know that it couldn't escape.

“Awe you are a strong headed princess to think you could take me alone.”

“You are one dumb being if you thought for a second I would let you in without taking precautions. You can't leave.”

“Ha you think you are going to capture me. The shields have been let down and I can leave when I so chose too.”

“Check again my deary.” I watched as it took a step back running the same clawed grotesque hand over the fence. I couldn't help the smile that was planted on my face. I could hear the slightest ruffle of branches to my left only to see a couple of birds had flown away.

“Bitch, you think that will stop me. Once I kill and skin you and you sister I will walk away from here untouched.”

   It turned to me and was slowly approaching. I didn't know anyway to defend my self with my powers. I hadn't reached that in my training, but I knew how to fight and how to use the powers to make me faster, quicker, and stronger. Let's just hope it works because I could no longer sense Devin or Micheal. Where were those damn hunters when you need them.

   The creature ripped the cloak off revealing the rot of the skin he now wore. He was not clothe so I got a full view and smell of the thing that stood before me. His feet and legs had yellow slime running down them where the skin no longer was. The stomach was no better there was a black substance leaking out where it's belly button should have been. It's face wasn't a pretty site with skin hanging from it's cheeks. The black substance run down the length of it's chin dripping down. What the hell had I gotten my self into. Now standing at it's full height atleast 6'9. It towered over me. This thing had been making it's self seem weaker than it actually was.