He's Coming

You may think you understand your surroundings.

Only to see that it is just an illusion.

The ones you thought were there to hold you now scare you.

Hold tight to your pillow little child for the games have just begun.

Will you play with me?

It was pitch black in my room. The curtains were drawn but no light shown through the slit in the middle. It was night and no one was around. I couldn't shake the feeling of dread that I had been feeling before I woke. I was suddenly scared to be in the dark. Reaching over and switching on the lamp next to my bed. I couldn't take the silence that filled my room. It was like the silence held unsaid secrets and I didn't want to hear any of them. So I switched the TV on.

The light of the lamp didn't seem to be enough light. I moved to go turn on the main light. Sitting up moving to throw my legs off the bed I felt something wet under me. Looking down I see a pool of dark liquid under my legs and hands. It was deep red and sticky. I swallowed a scream and ran for the light switch. Throwing the lights on and getting a good look at the scene in front of me. The bed was cover in blood. The only clean spot was were I was laying. Blood had dripped down on the floor creating a ring around the bed. Bloody footprints lead away from the bed.

I slowly let my eyes move up from my feet to my legs. They had blood on them from where I had got up. My night gown was white expect where I had gotten blood on it. My hands were stained red. It looked as if a scene from a horror movie was taking place in my room. Only this was real, this was not some director's imagination. I had couldn't hold in the screams any longer. My throat began to sting from the force of it. My body was trembling, I couldn't get it to stop. I heard footsteps running down the hall. A single thought came to my mind as they got closer. 'He's coming for me'. I locked the door just as someone slammed into it. Jingling the handle before calling out.

"Michelle dear, are you okay? I was on my way to check on you when I heard screams." Maraget, it was Maraget. He wasn't here but I still didn't know who he was or is.

"Maraget there's blood everywhere. I woke up and there was blood all over the bed and on the floor." My voice trembled as I spoke.

"Dear you need to open the door. Let me help you. I can't do that out here." I wanted to but he might get in. What if he was with her. I t did sound like more than one person coming down the hall.

"Are you alone?" There was a silent pause.

"No, Devin and Micheal are here with me." She seemed reluctant to tell that it was them.

"I can't open the door. He may be with you. How do I know your not lying. I can't let him get in." I started searching for anything that

"Mimi, it's us and only us. No one is out here. There is a protective barrier that's been reinforced by you and the staff. He, whoever that maybe, can't get in undetected." This Micheal speaking. But they could all be lying. He was powerful and there was only a number of hexes and spell that would keep him out. My door had old family symbols engraved in the old oak doors.

I started to push my dresser in front of the double doors. I had clean bed sheets in my closet and another bedspread. Along with my mini fridge I could stay in here for a few days with no problem. Even longer if necessary I could ration out what I had and make it a lot longer. I had a bathroom so hygiene wouldn't be a problem. He couldn't enter my room with the protection that my family had put on the old master suites. Something told me I wouldn't regret choosing this room.

"Mimi just open the door. You don't have to fear us. We are here to help you." Devin had finally spoken. They were treating like a wounded child. Speaking to me in such a demeaning matter. I am not a child, they didn't see what I did. He is dangerous and will soon come for me. I can't let him get it . I must find a way to destroy him before he comes. Maybe I could get them to draw the same symbols the walls of the barrier surrounding us.

"You must one thing for me before I open these doors. The symbols on my door are old family ruins. They hold a lot of power, because they connect to the spirit realm. They are used for protection against other who wish to do us harm. Draw them on the entry ways and exits of our gate and walls."

"That will take days to complete and you can't stay...."

"JUST DO WHAT I ASK PLEASE DAMMIT!" I cut her off before she could finish. I could hear whispering and then footsteps moving away from the door.

"I sent the hunters to go get the old family scrolls. Now my dear please tell me who this he is you keep referring to is."

Maraget leaned up against the door with a slight creak.

"I saw him in a vision. It was long ago but I seemed to know him. Or at least the body that I was in knew him. It was like I was there but it wasn't me at all. I was watching through another set of eyes." I recalled the who vision to Maraget. I didn't leave out a single detail. I hadn't even heard the men return.

"So you see I must keep whatever it is away from him. The only way I know how to do that is to stay in this room. Where it is safe." I was resting up against my dresser. I noticed I was still covered in body. I was numb to everything that had happened.

"Alright if that is what you wish then that is what we will do. I will come to check up on you later. I must get started on the task at hand." Maraget moved away from the door.

"We will take up post out here. If you need anything please give a shout." Micheal said through the door.

I didn't answer. I need to get my room cleaned up and get out of these bloody clothes.