Silence

Chapter One

Lurking in the depths of your soul lays a creature to fear.

Slithering in and out of your consciouness minds. Laying malicious mischief in the crevices of your thoughts.

Praying for a chance to torment those who surround you.

You may not believe your hands are capable of such distasterous crimes.

Believe me when I say things can get a little dirty if you just give in.

The sweets of your desires can be met if you allow the creature to take hold.

Though I worn you there will be time you will have to surrender your humanity.

Never will it return once it is gone.

You will love no one nor will they ever be able to love you.

Do not fear that of what you can't accomplish.

Instead fear what you are capable of.

"This is a damn outrage," his voice thundered off the thick gray cobble stoned walls. It felt that at any given time they would rain down upon them.

"No one in this room can tell me that they have no clue as to whom is behind this".

Devin seemed to whither in front of the Great Rougaru. The Society gathered here tonight with their hunters. Disobey the Laws of the Realms and they will seek you out. As the society set extreme punishments for law breakers.

Today was no different. Though the circumstances had both sides, Society Heads and Hunters, anxious and dreading the come of this gathering.

"Do we have a few clues as to why someone or thing is rabidly butchering the Elders and snatching newborns from their cribs", Queen Ezora sat still as a stone, with a even cooler voice. That would send a chill up any burly, copious grown man. Much less any other creature. "How is it that they still elude us?"

Devin stood facing the Great Ones, strongest and most powerful creatures of the realms. Six leaders sat there eyes boring in to him. Voodoo Queen Eroza, no one know for sure, but they say she is the direct descendent of the famous Marie Laveau. The Geat Rougaru Julius, the wolf-shifter, never has one laid eyes, human or creature, upon his better half and lived to tell about it. King Florence, of the faries, though the stories of fairies being tiny is not true. Glamour can have you seeing things that are never there or possible, there he sat strong and terrifing. The Grand Witch Sophia, the Great White Witch, she was slender and very beautiful, with menacing green eyes. Then there was the Goblin King Dagobert, he grumbled in a low throaty voice, smelling of rot and decay.

"Hmm, Devin it is a pleasure to see that you could make it. Seeing as how busy we keep you", the voice sent shivers up his spine as he looked to the Ultimate Vampire, smooth pale skin, red glowing eyes, a voice that will bring out the animal in us all. Which he had seen done many times.

"I knew for you to call me here the matters were and still are urgent. I have been hearing rumors of the murders," he looked at each member. He was stronger the most humans, well all humans, even his fellow hunters.

"It seems they are skinning their pray and absorbing the energy and souls into the skins."

Shock and terror ran thru each members face if only for a slight second. He still saw it. Glaring down at him with such harden, cold eyes he felt himself shudder as if hit by an icey wall. Devin was not your average human. He was born with inhanced abillities from along line of hunters. Standing at 6'6 and faster than most shifters. His strength sometimes amazed even him at times. A nose like a devil hound and a bite to match. This wasn't a life you choose this was a life you were either born into or not, human or supernatural. Some say they are decended from fallen angels or are the spawn of the devil himself and not to be trusted either way.