Come Find Me

Chapter 5

I stood just outside Grams study. It wasn't your normal study, with a desk, computer, filing cabinets, and miniature library. It was more yet it held none of those things except for a wall covered in spell book and voodoo ritual scrolls. There was jars with names on them that I didn't understand. Herbs in pots around the room. Anything you needed if it wasn't in the garden was in here. It was also where Grams and I did my training.

   Today I would do the same. Though there will be no Grams, just me and the occasional Maraget. Yes Maraget is a Voodoo Priestess but she isn't as strong as my family. I know though that she still holds more experience than I or my sister do.

Maraget is our head maid but also the closest thing to a mother I have. I know she will step up and take care of us. More than she has to and for that I respect and love her. Maybe we can promote her to a higher place in the house. So she can watch over it with having to do as much work. Suddenly reality hit when I felt eyes on me again.

Once more I was caught having a silent conversation with a door. When I looked out the corner of my eye. I could've sworn that the person at the end of the hall was none other than. The person whom I've been having strange craving for.

  I looked back at the door hoping my body didn't give me away. I slowly reached for the handle, still feeling his eyes burning holes into me. I didn't seem to realize how hard it would be to enter the room. It held to many memories, happy, sad, and now pain.

That when I heard the footsteps approaching me. They seem unsure with each step. I don't know when or how long it had been as they stopped right next to me. Having come from the direction in which he had stood at the end of the corridor. Plus, I was staring at his boots.

  Gathering a the courage I had left I let my eyes travel up, but they didn't meet the clear deep blue hues. No, I was looking into the hazel eyes of Mr. Gray. I quickly glanced behind seeing that Devin was no longer anywhere to be seen. I looked back to Mr. Gray to the all knowing smirk plastered on his face.

“I'm sorry didn't mean to bother you, but you seemed to be distracted.” He smiled a little. Was he trying to come and comfort me? None of this made any sense, he was a hunter.

“No need to apologize. It's just hard to wrap my head around the events that have transpired in the last couple of days.” I sounded beaten and down right pathetic. My voice was just a whisper. It surprised me that he even heard me.

“In that case allow me to be a slight distraction. Plus, I believe we have a conversation that needs to take place immediately.” He must have be talking about his 'condition'.

“I have training right now. I'm sure Maraget is waiting for me.”

“Actually, I have already spoken with Maraget and see that is where I come in.” I was confused for sure now. When had he spoken with Maraget and what did he have to do with my training.

“Okay what is going on? Why are you acting like you care how I am or about my training? Your hunter.” That was the only explanation I needed to know that they weren't nice or caring. His laugh caught me off guard. I suppose my shock showed because it only made him laugh harder.

“My dear not all hunters are heartless. There are just few who get to see this side. Our Society Heads being one because you need to trust us. If we don't care about you or treat you as such. Then what good would I be.” He smiled like that explained it all. Seeing as this had nothing to do with my training. Questions starting popping up all through my mind.

“What does any of this have to do with my training? When did you talk to Maraget? Where is she at?” I fired question after question his way.

   I was getting tired of being kept out of the mix. I had already blown up once today. I didn't want people to think I couldn't control my own emotions, much less my own power.