How I'm Here

Chapter 22! So so very sorry this took so long to put up ~ I was workin' on other stories . . . That's your cue to go read 'em, lol(: Sorry this story possesses absolutely NO writing skill whatsoever; I wrote it a looooong time ago, so only criticism you'd give a 10 year old struggling to write please(; AnYwAy, EnJoY, BeAuTiFuLs!

-$~D@W6!

*****

~Savanna POV~

The three figures reached the man. One of them abruptly stopped in his tracks two meters away from him. The others turned to look at him questioningly, but he was looking around frantically. He was obviously a supernatural creature, but, unlike the yellow-eyed man, he could see, smell, and hear better than humans. I suspected the other three men were warlocks, for they hadn't sensed me like this one did.

My heart skipped several beats and I subconsciously began analyzing the men's skills in my mind. Three of them were warlocks and the one who was now sniffing the air, searching for me, was either a werewolf, vampire, or a shapeshifter. My mind instantly whizzed through all the possibilities of what these men could do and how I could get out of this alive or how to stall them until Will came, probably bringing Jensen, Annie, Sam, and Kodie along with him.

All of a sudden, the man stopped smelling around his head snapped in my direction. Before I had the chance to gasp, he ran at me at the speed of lightening, bursting through the apartment's door, and grabbing my arms tightly. He spun me around so I was facing away from him. He pressed me into his chest and clapped a beefy hand over my mouth before I could scream blue-murder.

I wriggled desperately and tried to kick him in the shins, but he was somehow always one step ahead of me, pulling his leg out of the way before my foot could hit him. It was times like these that I wished I had paid attention in the self-defence class Lindsey had forced me to attend with her last year, although the same principles might not apply for your average drunk mugger and a supernatural creature attacking you for spying on him. He rushed me out of the apartment and sprinted down the dark street. He turned after a moment into an alley nestled between two abandoned houses that hadn't been occupied for years.

"Now what do we have here?" He chuckled, his icy voice chilling me to the bone. I struggled against his iron-grip, but it was no use. The other three men gathered around, all smirking horrifyingly. It was then that I realized they couldn't be working for Aradia or be one of her spies, for they had no idea who I was. They didn't know I was the Uniter. I contemplated whether this was a good or bad thing and eventually decided that them thinking I was just a normal girl was the best option. Who knew what they would do to me if they knew I was the Uniter? They might be, like Aradia, trying to keep the Separation alive, which would only lead to certain death for me.

I began fearing my heart would pound its way out of my chest as the man holding me suddenly pushed me down forcefully. I fell to the ground, recoiling at how cold it was, and pain struck through my knees as they struck the alley-floor. The three warlocks sauntered over to me, all laughing carelessly as they smirked down at me.

"You shouldn't have followed me out here, Little Girl." The yellow-eyed man chuckled. He then kicked me in the ribs, hard. I heard the grotesque crack before I felt the pain. Then my side exploded in agony, bringing tears to my eyes as I squealed helplessly, falling over to my side.