Savior

HEYO! this is the 5th chapter of "The Angel's Gift"! Please read the first four chapters, "School of Secrets", "Discovering", "Reality Anyone?", and "I Need Him Anyway" before reading this! And Ren's name was originally Robert, but I changed it 4 some stupid reason (u'll have 2 excuse me, I'm an idiot l0lZ) so just in case u were wondering, his name is now officially Ren! Thanks y'all!

 -$~D@WG! 

*****

~Savanna POV~

I bolted into my apartment and slammed the door, leaning against it as I panted from running up the stairwell. My heart was still flying from the fright of racing away from Will's house, not knowing if Mike or Will had recognized me or Lindsey. Lindsey had called me as we were escaping, saying her mom had texted her, telling the shaken girl to come home, so I was therefor left to drive home knowing that I wouldn't get a chance to talk to Lindsey about the events we had witnessed tonight until Sunday, for she was going to go to Annie's house tomorrow to work on yet another project for school. 'God, is it just me or are she and Annie always working on some nerdy project?!' I thought, irritated. Looking at the digital clock on a little nearby desk, I realized that my shift at the bar was over. Mr. Malleen's definitely going to jump down my throat for skipping tonight.

"SAVANNA!" bellowed a slurred voice, ripping me from my train of thought. I turned to find my drunk, swaying father standing by the miniature window of my small living room, looking at me with slightly unfocused, dull brown eyes. His greasy blond hair was matted and crowned with sweat. His white undershirt was caked in fresh stains of beer. He smelled strongly of alcohol, smoke, and ash.

"What?" I demanded, pushing myself away from the door that had supported me.

"Ren's here," He replied just as a tall, tan boy sauntered into the living room. My heart dropped. I was definitely not in the mood for the beautiful dark-haired boy who was gliding over to me, an ear-to-ear smile dominating his face.

The boy grasped my arms and jerked me forward into him, crashing his lips into mine and kissing me roughly. I yanked my head back and strained to push him away, disgusted. "Hey babe," He greeted.

Ren had been my so-called boyfriend for almost nine months now, more exclusively since I had moved in closer to him than before, and supposedly my arranged groom. My dad was utterly convinced that I would marry the rich and handsome boy who was now dragging me out the apartment door. Every bone in my body craved to get away from Ren, but I knew I couldn't if I tried. It was natural instinct to hate him, after everything he'd done to me.

----- 

Ren screeched the red Ferrari to an abrupt stop in front of his enormous, tan bricked house. I allowed him to pull me through the front door, up the steep carpeted stairs, and into his large, highly-decorated bedroom, illuminated only by a florescent lamp. I was fully aware that the only reason my dad wanted me to marry this jerk was the simple fact that Ren and his family were filthy rich and could afford the sparkly expensive curtains on the window and the steel-glass underneath, the beautiful hand-carved desk to the left and the electric guitar sitting on the shiny cobalt blue rack.