Oh Joy

Unwanted By Him

Chapter Six

Oh Joy

Angelica’s POV

          I stare at the wall, my legs pressed against my chest, and my arms wrapped around my legs.  I am keeping my eyes open as long as possible, holding in the tears.  People may not notice it, but I’m not as strong as I seem.  I act like nothing in the world bothers me, and that the knowledge that my mate didn’t, and probably still doesn’t, want me.  It kills me everyday to be without him, but I don’t want to be with him! He’s a self centered jerk, I hate his guts! He’s a butt-hole that doesn’t care about me at all! I wish I could forget him; but it’s impossible. 

I shut my eyes when I hear my door creek open, I don’t want anybody in the pack to know that I still cry about him.  “Angel?” I hear Emily’s voice softly call out to me.  I’m relieved that it isn’t Parker or any of the other boys.

“Mmmm?” I reply, not trusting my voice in the least bit.  My voice is probably all rough from crying silently for the past half hour.  Plus it might make Emily think that I was sleeping instead of leaking. 

I feel the bed dip beside me; making me become aware the Emily sat down on my bed.  “Are you okay?” she asks, placing a hand gently on my shoulder. 

Emily is like a mother to me, even though she’s only in her mid twenties, she’s comforting and caring.  Whenever I needed to vent to somebody she was there.  I’ve never really had a mother, too.  My parents had left me because I was a mistake, and a disgrace.  They hadn’t wanted me because I was never meant to come into their lives. 

“Not rea-lly” I hiccupped.  That always happens when I cry for a long period of time.  I hate it because it’s a dead giveaway the I’ve been crying. 

Emily just mummers something softly and just sits there.  That’s what I love most about Emily, she accepts things the way they are and she doesn’t pressure you to say anything.  For about ten minutes all the can be heard it my hiccups, then its all silence. 

“Emily” I say, sitting back up, and leaning against Emily’s figure, which I am totally jealous of.

“Yes honey?” Emily answers, allowing me to lean on her. 

“I love you” I smile, one last tear escaping though my eye.  Emily quickly takes her hand and makes it disappear. 

“I love you too” Emily replies, and then stands up.  “Come on; we’re taking a girls day”

A small giggle escapes my lips “I probably look horrible, though” I imagine how I must look; red puffy eyes, my hair all tangled and disguised as a birds nest, red streaks down my cheeks. 

“That’s why we go to the bathroom first” Emily tugs me off the bed, and leads me to the bathroom that’s, thankfully, connected to my bedroom.  “Okay, get on your knees” Emily demands, holding my orange-handled hairbrush in her hand.  I quickly get on my knees in front of Emily and allow her to gently untangle the rat mess mistakenly called my hair. 

“Now stand up” Emily commends again.  I follow the simple direction.  “Now, how do you want me to do your hair?” she asked. 

“Put it in a ponytail” I say hopefully, although doubting that she actually would. 

Emily snorts “Not a chance” before her eyes light up, signiling to me that she thinks that she’s came up with a ‘great’ idea. 

“Oh please no” I mumble as she pulls out my bag of stretches, or ponytail holders as some people call them.