Night Shadows

Unwanted By Him

Chapter One

Night Shadows

Hellos readers, once again thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy! I am sorry for the many grammar problems on the prologue.

Chapter One

Angelicas POV

I had passed my old packs territory border a few week ago, and I haven't shifted back to being a human yet. Since I had left my pack the only person who can talk to me in wolf form is my mate, but half the time- no, all the time, I block him out.

Today is the 14th day of me being alone, and I haven't had one regret. I didn't miss my family because I didn't have a family, My parents weren't mates, and my dad had already found his mate. When my mother gave birth to me she found her mate; a doctor. Then my mother left me in care of the Silver Moon Pack, and I've stayed in the pack house my whole life, alone.

It must be a curse or something, I've been alone my whole life, and even when I find my mate I'm still alone, now more then ever, but you know the saying 'Life sucks, then you die' yeah, well thats certainly true for me.

Currently I'm traveling along a stream, searching for food and hoping that the piece of me that seems to be missing will return. 'Let me take control' a voice speaks to me, making me jump. I know that the voice isn't Jason, because I've blocked him out, but nobody else could talk to me through mind links.

'I am your wolf, Moon' the voice which was apparently my wolfs informs me.

'And you can talk to me?" I asked disbelievingly. I must be going crazy!

'You are not going crazy. Just let me take control and I will get us food' I noticed that my wolfs personality started to show now, her voice was soft but sharp, like she was being sarcastic.

'How?' I asked Moon, briefly wondering why she chose this moment to talk to me.

'Sit down and I'll explain' Moon ordered me. Oh joy, an impatient wolf too.

I look around and see a nice willow tree and I walk over to it. I lay down beside the trees trunk and close my eyes. 'Firstly the reason why I haven't spoken to you all this time is because I was resting from shifting to early, and from the separation of my mate.' Moon began, but the only answered one of my questions when I had billions dancing on the tip of my mouth. 'What else do you want to know?" my wolf sighed.

'Something I've been wondering ever since I've learned of wolf sprits." I told Moon.

'Well, spit it out' Moon snapped. I laughed at how impatient she was, even though it wasn't even remotely funny.

'Its hard to put into words." I started, teasing Moon slightly, but hearing her growl in my head caused me to stop, 'So do wolf sprits change bodies when the person dies, and the wolf sprit is intertwined in the babies body in witch it was placed?' I finished my odd question that I was always afraid to ask the teacher.

'It isn't just as simple as that though' Moon answered, and it was to my surprise because I thought she hadn't even been listening. 'Wolf sprits have to wait for the right baby, with a matching attitude, or the right family with the same location of their mate. It's very complicated and some of us go years without a body to live in.'

I eagerly took in the knowledge that I've been questioning for so long because that answered so many of my other questions such as; why are mates always around the same location, or within the same pack, and why is the sprit specifically placed in the body. 'So you live forever?' I asked in awe.