Ch. 21

"Dude stop." Jason said, pushing Alec away from him.

"Go Alec! Go Jason! I hope y'all get in a fight!" Shea shouted, cheering for the two players.

I watched as Jason fumbled with the ball.

"Come on, Jason!" I yelled, scolding him.

The boys decided that they wanted to play football. They told us to be their cheerleaders, but we just walked over and sat on the grass.

"Why are you cheering for him?" Alec protested, glaring at me.

"Because I love him," I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He rolled his eyes and ran back towards the field. I smiled to myself, earning a nudge from Shea.

"What?" I asked, playing with a long piece of grass.

"Y'all are so in love," She said, smiling at me.

"No honey, we aren't," I said, glancing at Alec, who was already smiling at me.

"Go Alec!" I shouted, pumping my fist in the air.

"Thanks, baby!" He shouted back, blowing me a kiss.

"He's so dumb," I mumbled, my cheeks flaring.

I tried to hide my huge grin, but just ended of embarrassing myself more. Shea just mumbled about how she was right, and I just peeked out of my hands to watch Alec play. He threw the ball perfectly to some guy named Dean.

"Alec's good," Shea said, nudging me again.

"Yeah. It was pretty funny how he thought they were playing soccer at first though," I said, laughing at the memory.

"I said football, Alec," Jason said, glaring at Alec.

"Well some people call soccer football," Alec said, awkwardly throwing the soccer ball back at the rec. center.

"Yeah, but not me," Jason said, staring at him plainly.

I looked over at Shea, watching her head tilt back as she laughed. There was now only three days until we left, and I could see how happy she was.

"Shea can you promise me something?" I asked, gaining her attention.

"Yeah girl, anything," She said, smiling at me.

"Stay in touch, when we leave I mean. I've gained friendships here that I would hate to lose. So please, just like, call me," I said, pulling her into a much needed hug.

"Yeah. I will call, text, and visit you so much that you get tired of me," She said, patting my back.

We both pulled away, our eyes finding the football game again. I looked back just in time to see Alec hit the ground.

"Dammit, Jason don't kill him," I yelled, scolding Jason.

"I'm fine, Darling," Alec called out, waving it off.

"Yeah, he's fine," Jason yelled.

Football is so violent. I guess this is how Alec and Jason work out their differences. Maybe this is why girls get in more stupid arguments than boys. Girls don't even argue out their problems, they just talk crap about each other until they hate each other.

"What are you thinking about?" Brittney asked, sitting down beside Shea and I.

"Uh, nothing," I said, glancing at the football game one more time.