Ch. 17

I pulled my eyes open reluctantly, noticing that the room was dimly lit. I'm guessing that the sun is setting, and most people will probably be in dinner right about now. 

"There she is." A voice whispers, although I can recognize Alec's accent. 

I looked over, finding Alec sitting on a bed next to mine. 

"Hi." I mumble, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. 

Even though the light was limited, I could see his smirk clearly. I rolled over in my bed, so that my whole body was facing him. I looked around, noticing that Jason's door was shut, proving he was in bed. 

"Is everyone asleep?" I whisper, looking at all of the beds. 

Sure enough, I noticed that all of the beds were filled, except Alec's. Alec's bed was empty, and there was mysteriously a bed next to me. Now that I can get a full look at it though, it looks more like a cot. 

"Where'd the cot come from?" I question, propping up on one elbow. 

"The nurse's office. He had one in there for when people needed to rest a hurt leg or something. He also naps on it, so he might be pissed when he finds out I took it. I got Jason to go to town earlier. He brought back several different kinds of medicine for nausea." Alec said, handing me a small plastic bag. 

I looked through them, finding pepto and deciding that it was the best option. I have never even heard of the other ones. One of them said it was for kids, so I'm guessing he just grabbed everything with the word nausea on it. 

"Thanks." I said, shaking the pepto bismol bottle up.

"I hate that stuff." He said, fake gagging. 

"Me too, but it helped me last time." I said, pulling the cap off. 

There was a small plastic cup next to my bed, and I used that to pour myself some medicine. I looked at Alec, and with one shaky breath I downed the pink liquid. It felt like slime down my throat, almost making me gag. My face pulled into a contorted scowl. 

"Nasty right?" He asked, getting a nod from me. 

He laughed, climbing into my bed. I smiled, shifting over for him to lay next to me. 

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep the whole night, and if I do I'll wake up early." I warned. 

"That's fine with me. I've slept quite a bit today as well." He said, his accent sounding better with a slight sleepy rasp to it. 

"Yeah, I have slept too much today." I said, rolling over so that I was facing him. 

He smiled at me, his eyes finding there way to my own. For an instant, they seemed to travel to my lips. My heartbeat seemed to speed up, as if knowing what would soon happen. 

As the thought popped in my head, it apparently was in Alec's as well. I tilted my chin up a bit, trying to be confident. He quickly caught on, leaning his lips closer to mine, my eyes darted to his beautiful brown ones. As if on cue, his lips formed into an unwavering smirk. I chose to ignore his stupid smirk, and smiled. My lips are so close to his I can feel his minty breath fan over my upper lip. I let a chill run down my spine. A thought suddenly crossed my mind, causing me to put my hands on his chest. His face grew confused. 

"I could get you sick." I whispered, my voice coming out weaker than I intended. 

"I don't care." He said. 

A smile crossed my face, but was quickly taken away when he brought his lips to mine. I felt his upper lip brush across mine, and quickly closed the space between us. His lips felt like fire on mine, my heart was beating out of my chest with every second.