Chapter Twenty-Two: Slender Man

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: SLENDER MAN

"What does B.D. mean?" I ask them.

Jade and Jeremy are in front, whilst I am in the backseat. And now we're climbing off of Jade's car, me eyeing the three-story building curiously. Jade is about to answer when a cute guy—no, wait—a hot guy approaches us wearing an expensive looking suit and tie.

He also has a five o'clock shadow which adds to his already sexy appearance.

If B.D. means Baby Daddy, count me in.

He extends his hand in front of me. "Bryan Dalton, owner of Bryan Dalton fashion wear"

I nervously shake his hand. "I...ah, I'm Kim Roberts" Damn, his eyes are smoking gray.

So hot. So sexy.

He smiles, showing one dimple on his left cheek. "Ah, you must be the future Mrs. Lincoln. Jade told me all about you in the phone."

An arm snakes around my waist.

"Yes, she is." Jeremy says as he pulls me flush to him. I make dissatisfied face.

Bryan merely smiles and winks at me. "Ooh possessive"

My gay radar is beeping.

He's giving the gay vibe. I hate that he's giving the gay vibe.

Jade chuckles and embraces Bryan. I suddenly want to be her.

His arms look so strong. So manly.

"I miss you so much, Bree," She exclaims.

"Me too, Jade. Do you know how much I miss watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians with you?" Bryan replies, squeezing her back.

Yup. Bryan Dalton is definitely gay.

Although I can't really pursue him seeing as I'm engaged to this guy who still has his arm possessively holding my waist, my heart still sinks a little because deep down, a silly part of me is hoping that the engagement will be called off and Bryan and I will ride into the sunset, have beautiful children and live happily ever after.

But that dream just shattered.

Jade notices her brother's arm still around me. "You can stop being Alpha Male now. You've known Bryan for years and that he swings the other way."

Jeremy hesitantly removes his arm and tuck his hands inside his pockets. "Just in case he's swinging both ways."

Bryan laughs. "I only like men, Jay. Women are complicated." He drapes his arm on Jade's shoulder. "Come on, let's go inside so you can start choosing the wedding clothes I designed."

He leads us inside his building.

All the while, I am checking out his behind, inclining my head to see how majestic it is.

Bryan's pants are perfectly snug on all the right places.

You wouldn't even think he's gay with how manly he walks. It's like Jade and he are just another couple, strolling through a fashion shop, browsing for their wedding day.

But I know better now because straight men don't talk and act like what he just did.

The inside of the building looks like a corporate one with its glass windows and automatic glass doors. The walls are covered with white paint and the floors are marbled and almost spotless. A reception desk is located in the middle of the lobby with two gorgeous girls sitting behind it.

One beautiful brunette woman struts towards us, her heels clicking on the marbled floor.

Her gray top and skirt shows all her perfect curves. She's like a Victoria's Secret model.

Is it a requirement to be attractive to work here?

The woman beams at Jeremy. My fiancé smiles back. I roll my eyes at the subtle flirting.

I want to kick him for being such a hypocrite.

"This is my assistant, Samantha." Bryan introduces "Samantha, kindly bring Jay to the men's clothing and help him find the perfect suit." Samantha's smile becomes wider.

"For our wedding." I immediately add.

Samantha simply acknowledges me with a curt nod. "Follow me, Mister Jay." She spins around to lead him to the east wing, Jeremy willingly at her tail.

Jade leans closer to my ear to whisper, "Don't worry, she's not his type. My brother prefers blonde girls." then she twirls the end of my blonde hair, winking at me.

Bryan snaps his fingers. "And you my dear, will be coming with me." He takes me by my wrist and pulls me to the elevator, leaving Jade behind.

"What about Jade?" I ask as he pushes the button with the number three on it.

"She knows where to wait," He answers "I have so many weddings gowns to show you!"

Yey, I'm so excited...not.

We step out of the elevator and once we enter his office, I take two steps back when numerous faceless and headless mannequins wearing different white gowns welcomed us.

"Mother of cows," I whisper to myself. They all look like slender-man and I once feared that faceless man when I was a kid but I still played that game on my iPad.

Bryan looks at me, his eyes laughing "You alright?"

I purse my lips and stare at the mannequin right in front of me. "Yeah, they're just creepy." Why do they even have to be completely faceless?

They could've at least put a beautiful actress's face on these mannequins so they wouldn't be this disturbing. Why do they have to be faceless?

He chuckles "I know. They creep me out sometimes especially when I'm alone. They're like watching my every move while seeping out my soul."

We both slightly shudder.

Bryan excitedly shows me all the weddings gowns that is appropriate for my skin and hair color. I don't even know why we have to wear real wedding outfits. The supposed "wedding" is merely signing a marriage contract with at least two witnesses to verify it. In fact, I was expecting something quicker that those Vegas Weddings where couples still have to say their vows and whatnot.

"Don't you think a simple formal dress is enough?" I tell Bryan who is busy rummaging through the closet of gowns. "It's not a real wedding anyway."

He glares at me as if I've just announced I kill puppies in my spare time.

"All weddings are real weddings," He remarks "And Jade informed me that you will have at least twenty visitors so you have to be spectacular"

My mouth feels dry. "Twenty? But..."

He pulls out an off-shoulder white ball-gown. "Ah, try this one."

I eye the gown with dislike. "I don't think it's..."

But he shoves the gown in my arms and pushes me in the small dressing room.