Chapter Eleven: Taylor Swift as a Verb

CHAPTER ELEVEN: TAYLOR SWIFT AS A VERB

I start my Tuesday morning with a frown.

Before I slept last night, I received a text from that devil-sent Math teacher that Hailey will be tutoring me every Wednesdays. The hell she is!

Wasn't annoying me about our marriage contract not enough? Now he just had to remind me that I have a tutoring session with that witch he has slept with. Ugh.

My best friend isn't even around to cheer me up because she has doctor's appointment for her leg which she broke when she was younger. She still has no idea how she broke it. It's practically healed now anyway, but the doctor still wants to check it once every six months.

So now I'm stuck alone with a chicken sandwich in the lunch table because Lance is eating at some fancy cafe because he promised someone a date, while the other boys are who knows where. Probably enjoying the women of California.

It royally sucks that I only have one best friend and one newly found friend who can't even eat with me during lunch.

And as if the universe enjoys putting me in a bad mood, I notice Hailey taking a seat in front of me. Her ebony hair tied in a messy bun but she still looks stunning. Why can't I be as gorgeous as her? Whenever I try that messy bun thing on my hair, I look like a homeless hobo who hasn't showered for years.

"So you suck at math, huh?" She taunts with a proud smirk. I take a big bite from my sandwich and tear the chicken forcefully with my teeth as if imagining it's her head. I simply scowl at her as I exaggeratingly chew my bread. "Sir Jeremy emailed me yesterday about tutoring you."

I swallow and take a sip from my apple juice box, still not giving her an answer.

She chuckles. "Sweetie, don't be shy," she pauses with an evil smile. "You should be mortified because you're the only one who failed that Math test."

"Don't you have boys to flirt with? Stop wasting your time talking to me."

"But I enjoy talking to you." She tries to take my hand but I pull away. Who knows where she had put that hand on. "I think we might be great friends, don't you think?"

I shudder in disgust. "I don't befriend sluts, sorry"

She chuckles in mock understanding. "That's rich coming from you, dear. Dating the Math teacher doesn't make you a saint either"

I could tell her we're not really dating but why would I even defend myself to this depraved wench? "Get lost, Hailey. Please."

She puts her hand on her chest. "Aw, you said please," she pushes the chair backwards to stand up "See you tomorrow. Can't wait to see how stupid you are." then she saunters away.

My chicken sandwich almost crumble to pieces with how much I'm clenching it with my hands. I breathe out a frustrated groan and just quickly finish eating. Even with the fact that I have a History class later at one P.M. and I'd be seeing that psycho teacher again, I won't waste a perfectly delicious food just because I'm in a bad mood. That's blasphemy.

Once I'm done drinking my apple juice, I grab my bag, stand up from my seat and march towards the Teacher's hall and enter Sir Jeremy's office without knocking.

I find him sitting by his desk with an open mouth and a fork with an appealing looking beef steak raised in mid-air. He scowls at me then brings the fork down. I situate myself on the chair that I've been so used to sitting on and cross my arms over my chest.