Chapter Eight: Boys On Fire

CHAPTER EIGHT: BOYS ON FIRE

            It's Monday again.

            Mr. Laziness is yanking me down and tempting me to curl on the floor and sleep. Do students really need to go to school this early? That should be against the law! Kids like us need sleep, plenty of sleep. Anti-early school hours should really be implemented in this country.

             As I walk languidly down the school hallway, I see a horde of students, mostly girls, gathering around in one place which I assume is the bulletin board of our campus. What's all the commotion all about? Did the principal post something new?

            Our principal never posts anything in the bulletin board unless it's really important like class suspensions, holidays and etc. I don't remember hearing news about any of those so I'm really curious about what are they thrilled about.

              I notice my best friend is also one of them so I call her from afar, not wanting to be squished in the crowd. Luckily, she glances at my direction and I wave at her and shoot a 'what-is-going-on?' look. She hurriedly runs towards me and I can see in her eyes that she's really excited about something.

            She tries to gasp for air "Hot...Hot guys...Hot guys in our school!" Then she pulls me along with her. Ugh. I called her so that I don't have to join this massive pile of squealing students, but I guess she didn't realize that. "Excuse me! Move!" She shouts as she vigorously pushes anyone that is blocking our way. I almost hug myself in trying to walk through this crowd. "Look!" She exclaims, pointing to the large banner attached on the board.

WELCOME BOYS ON FIRE

From: Weatherford High school

                 A picture of handsome young men are plastered below the words too

                "Boys on Fire. Sounds familiar. Who are they?" I whisper to Ella but I think some girls beside me heard it and glare daggers at me.

              "Oh my freaking gosh! Do you even live in this planet?!"

            "You dare call yourself a human?"

               "Are you even in this generation?"

                  Wow, I never thought not knowing certain celebrities can make me an alien and prehistoric. And the last time I check, I was asking my friend, not them. Jeez, people these days. They just don't know when to shut their mouths.

              "Are you serious, Kim? You really don't know them?" Ella queries dubiously as if doubting my innocence.

             "Well, I wouldn't be asking you if I did." I disdain, rolling my eyes at her.