[14] - I Won't Say I'm In Love

[14] – I Won’t Say I’m In Love

“My flight arrives at ten and I’ll be sure to be in the studio after lunch.”

“Oh, Miss Goldberg, you really don’t have to –” Jeremy began but she interrupted.

“How many times have I told you to call me Harry?” she said teasingly, her soft laughter escaping from the speaker of the phone, “and please, it’s no big deal. People have jetlag but I have exactly the opposite – I get really energetic and restless after a flight so it’s no big deal.”

Jeremy fumbled with his phone, managing to keep it pressed to his ear as he shrugged on his suit jacket and picked up his car keys and briefcase for work, chuckling a little at Harry Goldberg’s response, “Well then, I’ll be expecting to see you soon. Do you wish to start work today or shall we just go over the preliminaries?”

“The latter please, I’d like to discuss our contract in full, if that’s okay with you? I’ve been so busy these past few weeks that I had no time to go over it.”

“That sounds fabulous,” Jeremy replied, leaving his house and locking the door behind him, making his way down to his jeep, “I’ll get the paperwork ready for your arrival this afternoon, then.”

“Brilliant. See you in a bit, Walker.”

Jeremy rolled his eyes because no matter how many times he’d told her to call him Jeremy, she’d either ignored him or forgotten. She’d said she normally referred to people by their surnames and it had become a really bad habit to break so he forgave her for it.

“See you soon, Miss Gold – uh, Harry.”

She laughed pleasantly before cutting the call and Jeremy sighed, pocketing his phone and entering his car. Along with Harry Goldberg finally showing up to their office for work, he also had to interview the new guy coming to work with Laura in the exhibition room of the studio.

He thought about Rory then, his heart pounding in his chest. He’s had the most terrifying nightmare that morning. It was something about Rory dying. He just knew in the dream he was in a hospital and a doctor had come to tell him that Rory didn’t make it. He remembered having a ring in his pocket and then he’d suddenly woken up, glancing at the clock which read its usual time; 3:13 a.m. – the same time he woke up every other night, except this time, he could remember the dream quite vividly.

He shook his head to clear it, hoping the dream wasn’t some sort of sign as he texted Rory that he was on his way to pick him up for work. He could feel his heart speeding up even more underneath his ribcage as Rory texted his affirmative and he was on his way to his boyfriend’s house. They’d spent nearly the whole weekend making love –they’d taken a break on Sunday and spent that entire day making out and lazing around because Rory could only take so much – and Jeremy couldn’t get it out of his head, couldn’t get the sight and sound of Rory screaming out his love during his orgasm out of his head.

God, he wanted – no, he ached to hear Rory say those words again.

This time, he wanted to hear Rory say them without the guise of an orgasm. The thought terrified and excited him because it made him think about how he might also feel for Rory, which he really wasn’t ready to face at all yet.

He was just pulling up into Rory’s driveway when the bleached blonde was bounding out of his house, smiling brightly at him as he locked his door and then literally skipped down to Jeremy’s jeep.