[3] - Crush

[3] – Crush

Laura raised one slender eyebrow when Jeremy – again – walked down the stairs and into the studio for the children, walked around the room, sparing glances at Rory, the latter blushing furiously and trying to focus on watching the kids, before picking up some random file and making his way back up to his office. She covered her lips with a slender hand to hide her giggles but apparently, that didn’t help because Jeremy shot her a sharp glare despite the embarrassed flush that spread across his cheeks.

Laura giggled again and Jeremy only rolled his eyes and headed back upstairs to his office. It was so entertaining seeing Jeremy like this – seeing his obvious crush on the newbie. It made the matchmaker in her come to life. What made it even better was the fact that Rory had a crush on him too – his cheeks seemed to be permanently in that reddish hue whenever the boss was around.  

This had been going on for weeks now. It’s been a while since Rory had joined the company and so far, it was obvious to anyone who looked hard enough that the boss and Rory Lewis had chemistry that could set the ocean on fire. The sad part though, was that neither of them were doing anything about it. Laura would even call them oblivious.

“Can they be any more obvious?” Minnie whispered to Laura as she watched Jeremy heading into his office and Rory occasionally glancing at the door from the kids’ room, obviously waiting for the boss to re-appear. Minnie – just like her name – was like the mouse, with a cute button nose and lovely big brown eyes, always clothed in dresses with sashes, bows and ruffles, a ribbon in her hair to keep it in place. At sixteen, she was the youngest to work in Walker Design Studios – only there because of her talent and passion in art – she was truly outstanding which was why Jeremy had hired her.

Laura giggled, “I just want to lock them up in a room with condoms and aphrodisiac.”

The two girls heard an exaggerated gagging noise behind them and spun around to face Paul. He was one of the workers who tutored the adults, Minnie being the one that assisted him.

“They make me want to gag – I mean, if you think about it, they’re like cartoons making big heart-shaped eyes at each other from across the room,” Paul snorted, his disgust not meant to be insulting but amusing.

“I think we should do something about it,” Minnie suggested, hiding her laugh as Jeremy – for the millionth time – again, walked down the stairs. When he noticed the three people gathered around the middle of the exhibition room, he flushed and changed course from the kids’ tutoring studio and headed to the bathroom instead.

“Jesus,” Paul groaned while the two ladies laughed their hearts out.

“I have to say I agree with Minnie,” Laura chuckled, “if we don’t do something this will never end.”

“I’m only agreeing to this for that reason,” Paul said dryly, “seeing the boss like this honestly makes me feel embarrassed for him. He’s like a teenager on his first crush.”

“I think it’s amazing! Jeremy is always serious and all work and no play, but since Rory’s gotten here he’s been…wonderfully distracted,” Laura said, adding a wag of her eyebrows to the last two words, making Paul roll his eyes at her.

Minnie suddenly gasped, her eyebrows flying into the roof, “Oh my God, I’ve got the perfect plan!”

The other two turned to face her eagerly, “Spill the beans, mouse.”

Minnie grinned and raised a mischievous eyebrow, “we’ll have to let everyone in on this or it won’t work.”

“I’m already in. This sounds delicious.”