[4] - Delirious

[4] – Delirious

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Jeremy hissed angrily, glancing at his watch for the millionth time, pacing impatiently in front of the entrance to the Manchester Museum.

Rory wringed his hands nervously, watching helplessly as Jeremy tried to contact the other members of their team but to no avail. It was nearing ten thirty and none of the other employees had shown up. Rory could smell a rat in the air but he shrugged it off, knowing it was only going to ruin his mood.

Seriously, what the hell did they think they were doing? This was their job for Christ sake; they couldn’t just put it on the line because of their silly matchmaking schemes!

The exhibition was already well under way, other companies already trying to sell their work and get the artists to sell to or work for them.

Even though Rory knew Jeremy had every right to be angry – he was the boss after all – he couldn’t help but hope that the man would have felt just a little bit happy that he was alone with him. Rory squashed down the thought as soon as it came; reminding himself furiously that it was not the time to think about his crush.

He swallowed and said tentatively, “we might as well get on with it, Mr Walker, maybe they’ll show up later?” he suggested.

Jeremy sighed and shoved his phone back into his pocket, nodding at Rory, “we might as well.”

Rory managed a small smile and the two of them headed inside the Museum, climbing the steps to lead them to the room where the artists and other bidders and competitors were.

“I’m going to castrate them when I see them,” Jeremy growled under his breath, obviously referring to his missing employees and Rory couldn’t help laughing a bit at that and then clamping his lips shut, wondering if he should be amused when the boss was so evidently pissed.

To his surprise, Jeremy actually cracked a smile at him, the action sending Rory’s cheeks turning a fiery red before he quickly coughed and looked away, one hand nervously sifting through his hair. He inwardly groaned; oh trust me, Mr Walker, you’re not going to be the only one castrating people.

At first, he was incredibly aware of the other man’s presence beside him, finding that he was actually watching the way he was breathing and walking and in the end, feeling so stupid about it. It took a while but soon he was less aware of his boss and more absorbed in the paintings in front of him. His eyes were wide as he took in the drawings and paintings, the tell-tale throb of excitement thrumming through his veins at the sight of the majestic and not-so-majestic pieces of art hanging around in the room.

Jeremy felt his lips part a little at the look on Rory’s face as he finally relaxed and took in his surroundings. He felt that random bout of déjà vu hit him square in the chest and he heaved in a shaky breath, quickly tearing his gaze away before he did something truly stupid – like blurt how amazing Rory looked with his dark eyes so big and filled with wonder – like a kid on his first time in an amusement park.

Rory’s hands itched to reach for his phone – fudge, why didn’t he bring his camera? – to take photos of all the paintings on the wall. These were priceless pieces of art! Some of them reminded him of his own style while the others were inspiring him greatly. He thought of his art at home and flushed bright red, remembering that his private studio was filled to the brim with paintings of dream Jeremy.