There's the Pretty Girl

I hate being one of those people that don't understand technology

I hate being one of those people that don't understand technology. I'm thirty one years old. Don't get me wrong, I know how to use a phone. I have Facebook, and I know Google is a reliable source (for me). That's basically my level of technological knowledge.

I usually never say this phrase because it makes me sound like a senior citizen but... back in my day, we barely ever sent text messages. It took far too long to text on those old flip phones. Calling was always the way to go.

I remember calling Michael on a daily basis. And when he didn't answer, I called until he did. One time I actually called him twelve times in a row. I had this bad feeling he wasn't answering because he was with another girl. He ended up just being in class.

Evidently, that was a few months before I caught him cheating on me with Carla. Always trust your gut.

Long story short, texting was never really my thing. I feel like a grandmother for saying it but it's true.

But I decided texting was the best choice in this scenario.

Doctor Craft's a busy guy. He has a hundred patients to attend to and countless meetings. I can't even imagine how me manages to get a twenty minute lunch and still have time to get everything done in just a mere twelve hour shift.

All I have to do deal with visitors and paperwork and I feel like I barely have time to breath sometimes.

I couldn't just call Doctor Craft.

Every time I thought about actually calling him, I would talk myself out of it. It's stupid. What if I called and he was in the middle of talking to a dying patient's parents? What if he was performing a surgery? Not that he would have his phone with him then anyways, but I didn't know that for sure..

Although if I have to be honest, I also wasn't calling him because I was scared shitless.

Communication was such an intimidating task when you liked someone.

Sometimes.

In my past experiences with male communication; it had come way too easy. Obviously both of the relationships i'm hinting at didn't work out too well. So maybe the fear of conversation with James Craft was some kind of good omen.

Maybe this time, everything will work out.

I decided texting him was the best option. It was easy, not too weird, and he didn't have to hear how awkward I sounded on the phone.

The text was short. Although it took me a good forty minutes to send. "Hey, it's Audrey. Hope you're not too busy saving lives. Lunch today?"

I was honestly shocked that I was actually technologically advanced enough to remember how to text. If I wasn't, I was already planning to find the boys and ask Evan how to send the message. He knows way more than I do. As sad as that sounds.