fourteen

[status; unedited]

---

          I sniffled as I waited for the train to arrive. The scene with me and Jongdae replayed in my head over and over again, part of me wished that I have never said that. I didn't fully wanted to end ties with him, but it had to be done.

The ticket booths and waiting lines almost seemed empty to the holidays, most people would've left by now. The holiday rush just ended too with leaving behind an empty white and gray train station with trash littering the floors.

A girl next to me coughed and sniffed. Her face was pale, and had long black hair. She's pretty, I wonder what she's doing here. She also looked really gloomy, not really into the spirit of the holidays, not that I was in it either way. I should ask her what was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She turned to me and smiled, "I'm okay, it's just I want to do something but I don't really have the guts to do it."

"What is it?"

She was hesitant at first, she wasn't sure if she could trust me or not, "I want to talk to my ex, just before Christmas."

"Maybe you can, is he in the city?" I asked, taking out my phone.

She nodded, "Yeah, but there's no need to search up anything, I know where he lives."

"Really? Then do you want to me to come with you? As in a wing-woman or something?" I chuckled as cringed at my sentence. I dunno what came over me to start acting this way but I did.

"Yeah! It's good to have someone to talk about it to, all my friends are gone already for Christmas." The girl agreed and stood up from the bench.

"Oh, I'm Choi Seong Mi." I stuck my hand out for her to shake it. I look down at my watch, it was only 6:00pm and our train arrives at 7:00pm because of the horde of civilians impatient to go home.

She shook it and gave a sweet smile, "I'm Yong Seung Ki. Our names are similar." She giggled, her giggle was super high-pitched.

~~~

"We're almost there!" Seung Ki pulled her coat over her even more from the lowering temperature.

The two of us turned the corner, there we were greeted by the gates of my own college! No wonder why the way was so familiar, I don't normally go this way but still.

I was about to say something, but I didn't. She walked around the snowed covered grass to the dorm buildings, weirdly enough it was the same dorm building as Jongdae's. What if Seung Ki is Jongdae's ex-girlfriend? No it can't be, there are other guys here, I'm probably just jumping to conclusions.

I took a deep breath to calm myself but couldn't, she stop in front of Jongdae's dorm. I bit my lip nervously, I can't be seen by Jongdae with Seung Ki, the girl he was madly in love with, but was heartbroken by a white lie.

"Wait, before you knock I should just wait for you down the hall, so you guys can have a more private conversation." I quietly suggested.

She nodded and waited for me to run down the hall. I hid behind a corner and watched quietly.

Knock Knock

I bit my lip, deep down inside I hoped that Jongdae didn't open the door, that he already left to be with his family. But even if he did open that door or is inside of the dorm, I want him to reject what Seung Ki says if she wants him back. Repeatedly in my head I keep on saying 'don't be him, don't be him.'