three

[status; edited]

---

The car ride to the nearby mall was short and awkward. I had never been in such an uncomfortable situation before, nevertheless with a guy. I grimaced every time something awkward happened. Like how I didn't know how to respond to how he opened the car door for me. Or an old couple that we passed called us a 'cute couple'. 

The two of us entered a store and almost immediately he was surrounded by girls. They asked such inappropriate question to a guy that clearly was with a girl.   

        "Hey are you alone?"

        "Do you need any help?"

        "Do you shop here often?"

        I heard a bunch a question from female workers from the store bombarded Jongdae. He simply ignored them, grabbed a skirt and called out to me.

        "Seong Mi, here." He wiggle a white tennis style skirt and gave it to me. I thanked him and walked over to the dressing rooms. As i walked i can feel all of the girls stares burning against my back.

        Now here comes the montage of trying on skirt after skirt. I tried on the tennis skirt, didn't look flattering. Next was a black skater skirt, nope! A floral skirt was up next, not good. That yellow plaid skirt from the movie Clueless didn't look good on me either. Skirt after skirt, style after style nothing looked good. It was just constant 'no!'s, 'ew's, etc.

         I tried on skirts for almost an hour now, we just left the shop and sat awkwardly on the bench. There was an awkward silence that fell between me and Jongdae. I actually really wanted to say something, something to light up the mood. Like a joke, yeah a joke, what joke though? Inside joke? Knock knock joke? Nah those are lame.

        "if you are trying to make a joke to end the awkward silence don't bother." Jongdae mumbled.

        "Eh!? You read my mind?" I said turned to him and said loudly.

        "No, you are just really easy to read." My eyebrows curled in confusion as i heard his answer.

        I really wanted to apologize to Jongdae for not being able to find a skirt, I did waste his time. "Sor-"

        "It's okay, you don't have to apologize." He said before i could even say sorry. "And yes i knew you were going to apologize. But it doesn't matter, i'm going to take you to my dorm."

        He stood up and took my hand, I followed him back to his expensive ass car to drive back to his dorm. His roommate better not Baekhyun or Chanyeol because they will probably just tease us the whole time, how he is so happy all the time?

---

        I got to his dorm and spotted no Chanyeol nor Baekhyun, thank god. But I did see another bed, so I know that Jongdae for sure has a roommate. A surprise my lacking knowledge about boys, their room was actually pretty clean.

        "Wait here, i'll be back." Jongdae sat me down on his bed. I couldn't help but think and feel a little inappropriate, especially since I no idea what it was like. I grimaced audibly to myself, I couldn't talk about this about a person I just met two days ago!

        I sat there for a few minutes wondering where and what Jongdae was doing. Then a boy that was not Jongdae came out of the bathroom, luckily he was wearing clothes, but I still wouldn't exactly mind.

        "Who are you, and what are you doing in my dorm?" The guy said with a towel around his neck.

        I stood up and said: "I'm Choi Seong Mi and Jongdae brought me here." I bowed for two seconds.