Chapter 16

You know that irritating feeling where you think someone is watching you, judging your every move. Well that's exactly how I was feeling. I was irritated as the whole school starred at me as I walked down the hallway towards my locker.

Teens gathered in groups and whispered in each others ears . I was used to this but somehow it seemed worse than it was before. I put my head down and continued to walk.

"Good morning beautiful, " a familiar voice greeted me as I approached my locker.

I opened my mouth to say morning but my lips were suddenly very busy.

Damon's hands wrapped tightly around me, pulling me close to him. And I reacted the way I usually do my whole body tensed. I was not used to this.

Damon sensed my tension and his grip aound me started to loosen.

Hes not trying to hurt you. He's trying to love you! Love him back.

My fingers knot in his hair and i kiss him back just as pationately as he was. I felt Damon smile against my lips and he gently pulls away to take a look at me.

I feel my cheeks heat up. And he smiles

"You amaze me,"  he said, finally. 

"You bring out the best in me." I heard myself say.

And we walked hand in hand to our next class.  English. 

*

At lunch we sat at our usual table with Ash and Jeremy, who couldn't seem to get enough of each other, Austen and the newest member of the group,  Naomi. 

The three of them were arguing about comic book super heros Marvel and DC.

Damon was pretty quiet beside me.

"What's wrong? " I nudged him.

"I got a C in Biology," he frowned. 
Damon cares about his grades?  That was news.  He seemed like the kind of guy who couldn't be bothered about something like that.

Then his eyes lit up all of a sudden.

"Maybe you could tutor me?" He suggested. "I, uh ..." I hesitated because I was not really a genius.

"Please? " he begged "my house at eight?"

I sighed "ok."

*

"Arianna?" Mum called as I got home from school.

"Yes mom?" Xavier was out with Naomi again.

"Clair called, " mum started to say "she has fixed the date of her wedding."

"Thats great, " I said smiling but mum wasn't smiling. She seemed pretty stressed out, like she was about to confess murder. Her hair was in a messy pony tail. She seemed 10 years older than her age.

"Sit down honey," dad said, standing beside her.

I did what they asked and sat on the sofa.

"What is it?" I was getting annoyed.  Why won't they tell me what's got them so tensed!

"Claire is getting married next month."

"So soon? I haven't got anything to wear.  And I'll need to get Xavier a suit," I started to say, no wonder they were so tensed. 

"Maybe you should stay home, mom suggested.

What! Why would she say that! Stay home?  Miss my sister's wedding?  Why? I mean yeah me and clair were never really close and she never liked Xavier but-