chapter 20

Damon's grandparents house was beautiful. So exotic. So perfect. It was a two story building made completely of glass. You couldn't see anything from outside though.

It was situated on the beach far away from the city. Completely alone. There was no one in sight in a two mile radius.
His grandparents had built this house from scratch. After they had died they left it for Damon.

The inside of the house was just as alluring as the outside. Its furnishing was simple yet very lavish. I'm sure the house cost a fortune.

I let my eyes sweep the place. It was completely white. The walls, the sofa, the lighting. On the ceiling hung an exquisite chandelier. This was the kind of house 8 had imagined only my dreams.
Part of me wanted to live here. I couldn't help but imagine cooking for my husband, waiting for him to come home while took care of his children.

Sigh. That is never going to happen. My past wouldn't let that happen. I would never have a family like that. I could never be married to someone who loved me unconditionally. Xavier is my only family. Damon would leave as soon as he would find out about my past. He wouldn't ever want to be with someone who has been damaged beyond repair. Heck my own sister doesn't even want me.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Damon asked. His green eyes twinkling with excitement.
Xavier was in his arms. But I guess he sensed my discomfort and reached for me. I took him into my arms immediately.

"Its really very enchanting. I have fallen in love with it, " I say honestly. I was trying my best to be excited as Damon but I just couldn't. My mind kept retuning to the bouquet of roses- which were now burnt beyond recognition- I had received the night before.

Xavier, with his head pressed against the crook of my neck was my only strength.

Damon grinned at us. "Come on I wana show you something. "
He led us up the stairs down the hallway and I into the balcony.

The scene in front of me was truly breathtaking. I could see the entire beach. The sun had begun to set and the sky was now a light orange colour. I had seen so many sunsets but this one immediately became my favorite.

"It so beautiful," I hug Xavier close. His steady breathing tells me he is sleeping.

"Beautiful, " Damon whispers in my ear. His warm breath sends shivers down my spine.
Will Damon accept me after hearing about ny past.

"Hello? Anyone home? " a girl's voice called from downstairs I immediately recognized it as Ash's but even seeing my best friend couldn't put me in a good mood.

"Arianna! " she squealed. Yes Ash squealed, being with Jeremy did that to her. hugged her close. Behind her and Jeremy were Austin and his girlfriend of the week and Naomi and Keith? Their hands intertwined with each other. I hugged her as well and she beamed at me.

"Awe did we ruin your romantic get way? " Naomi asked taking Xavier into her arms.

"Your mom is flipping out man. You left without telling her. So I promised I would make sure you're ok," Austin said to Damon.

Damon just shrugged, "I don't need anyone to take of me."

"Shes your mom Damon! She worries bout you, " Ash was talking now. They had all known each other forever so they had history. I couldn't careless what they were arguing about my mind was still on the flowers. He is here. I was sure of it.

"Dad loved the designs you made," Naomi whispers in my ear. We were now sitting on the couch just talking. Damon sitting across me. He would smile when he caught my eye but I didn't hav the energy to acknowledge him. Xavier was sleeping soundly in the room upstairs.

"He sent you your first paycheck, I cashed it and put in your account, " Naomi continued.
"Thanks."

"So, there is a concert on the beach not far from here. We should go." Jeremy suggested, his eyes never leave Ash.

"Sounds good to me." Austin agreed.

"You guys go I'll babysit Xavier. " Naomi and Xavier were inseparable.
"no I want to stay back with Xavier, " I said and Keith sent me a greatful smile.
"yes I'm too tired from all the driving, I'll stay back as well, " Damon put in.
*

Damon's p. O. V

Ariana sat at the couch starring at nothing. I had cooked chicken roast with potatoes and even though it was the first time I cooked for anyone it turned out pretty good if I say so myself. However, she barely touched her food. She wouldn't even look at me.

Here I was trying to be all romantic and cooking for her, bringing her to my grandparent's home to be alone with her and she-
Oh shit! She probably doesn't want to be here all alone with me. She probably doesn't want to take the next step in our relationship. Maybe she has been hurt before that's why she finds it hard to trust me.

"Arianna? " I sat next to her my hands reaching out to her because all night I had yearned to touch her, be close to her, breath in her sweet scent. Yeah I was whipped. She felt so familiar. Like she was only meant for me.

She flinched away from my touch. That was it I couldn't take it anymore.

I got up so I could face her. She didn't look at me. Her eyes glued to the floor.

"What is wrong with you? You've been acting like you're scared of me all day. You don't let me touch you. Heck you don't even look at me. Did I do something wrong? Arianna please. I want this to work. I love you dammit. But its hard because you keep shutting me out. Talk to me."

She didn't look at me. Her eyes didn't move, although they seemed wide with fear. Her full lips trembled as she spoke.

"He is here. He found me. He will take Xavier away from me."

"What are you talking about? "

"The guy who raped me. The guy that scared me for life and the guy who gave me the most precious thing in my life (Xavier) he's back!"

End of chap 20. Sorry for the late update but I had exams and stuff. So if u liked this chapter and want me to update asap please comment n if possible click on the star to vote. .. I will appreciate all feed and try my best to improve according to any criticism u may have. I am a struggling writer after all :) n as promised editing will take place upon completion of the book.

Thanks for reading :*