Chapter 6

"I will be you new Biology teacher" Mrs. Fletcher, the principle announced.

A few people cheered, others groaned and some, like me for example couldn't care less.

Mrs. Fletcher left us to do our own work.

"Arianna" Ash whispered.

"Yeah" I half turned to face her.

"Guess what, Jeremy asked me out last night"

"Your Biology partner?" I asked.

"Yeah. He asked me out and I hesitated and he was like I have already asked permission from your bro. Can you believe he did that?" Ash squealed “He even talked to Austen.

"He must really like you" I said smiling.

*

"What did Jeremy ask you?" Ash asked her brother Austen at lunch. 

"What did he ask me?" Austen asked.

"Don't play games with me; you know damn well what I am talking about!"

"Oh, that" Austen pretended to remember "He asked me if it was ok for him to ask you out"

"And what did you say?" Ash inquired.

"I said, yes" Austen said taking a bite into his home-made sandwich.

"How’s Xavier?" Damon asked me.

"He's great"
"Me and my mom will be moving in our stuff today, you wouldn't mind if I come see Xavier from time to time  now that we’re staying there, would you?"

"Of course not, Xavier really likes you" I said smiling. Xavier really did like him! More than he should. He was always around me and my parents that he never liked anyone besides the three of us.

*

Xavier was quietly playing with a strand of my hair. I didn't have work that afternoon so i decided to spend some quality time with my adorable son.

I looked down see Xavier smiling at me. Maybe i should take him out somewhere, the park, or maybe-

My thoughts were interrupted by loud knocking on the front door.

I walked over and opened the door.

"Arianna" a tall girl with long straight blond hair squealed.

"Clair?" Clair was my half sister. My dad already had had a six year daughter when he married my mom.

"Xavier" she squealed making her way inside.

"Clair?" my parents said making their way into the living room.

"Dad, Mom!" Clair squealed again. Yikes what was with the squealing! It was making my ears hurt! I could tell Xavier didn't like it either. He looked like he was going to cry any minute.

"Its ok baby" I said trying to calm him down a little. Xavier relaxed a little and went back to playing with my hair.

"Oh, I almost forgot, Sweetheart?" Clair called, staring out the door.

A tall guy dressed in business suit came in through our front door, he was holding what i assumed was Clair's handbag. He had dark hair and beautiful grey eyes. At least I thought they were grey. I couldn't get a closer look.

"Mom, dad, this is Ryan and we- well we’re getting married!" Clair announced showing off her diamond ring.