Chapter 7

"Damon's cute" Clair said as we made our way home from Damon's house. “He looks a bit like  -”

"When's the wedding" I asked cutting her off, I knew who’s name she was going say and I didn’t want to hear it. It was true Damon did look a lot like him. Him, as in the guy who changed my whole life. For the better and worse. Better because he gave me Xavier and worse because well, because he raped me.

I had noticed the resemblance between him and Damon but I refuse to think about it.

Now that Clair had mentioned it, they did share a few similar features.  They almost had the same smile and the same shade of blond hair.   

  Ugh why did Clair have to mention the fact that they looked alike. I had done a pretty good job of avoiding the fact that Damon reminded me of him but it was impossible to do so now.

Damon is nothing like him. I told myself Damon is alot nicer and he cares about people and he, he's nothing like that asshole!.

*

************************DAMON***********************************

I woke up late Saturday morning to find my mom home. She was sitting on the kitchen table having coffee.

“Mom!” I said hugging her.

“Hey son” my mom said hugging me back.

I leaned back to take a better look at her. My mom was really young as she was only in her teens when she had me.  She had emerald green eyes and dirty blond hair. I had only inherited her eyes.

Sometimes I wondered if I looked anything like my father. What my father looked like? I wanted to ask my mom but I was scared I might hurt her. The only thing I knew about my father was that he never wanted me.

All this time it had been just me and my mom. Mom had been a mom and a dad to me. We did everything that a father and son would do. Fishing, camping, heck my mom even helped me get my first date.

Once she took me to a father and son camping trip organized by my school, it was awkward at first but we ended up having more fun than anyone else there.

"I'm really sorry I took longer this time, I wanted to be home to help you with moving in our stuff here but you know how work is” my mom said in her beautiful calming voice which I had missed so much the past few weeks.

“That’s ok mom, no worries”

“Well the house looks amazing though”

“ I had help form Arianna” I shrugged.

“Arianna?” mom asked raising an eyebrow “You’re not bringing your dates home now are you?”

“No mom, Arianna is just a friend”

“My son’s first female friend?” she asked surprised and overjoyed both at the same time. “When can I meet her?”

“Soon”

“Speaking of which, there’s, there’s someone special I want you to-to meet”

“Mom what’s up? You’re sweating bullets. Are you confessing to a murder or something?” I joked.

Mom laughed, a nervous laugh “Well Dammy” (my mom’s embarrassing nickname for me) “The truth is I’m, I’m engaged, and the reason why I, well we bought this house is because we’re moving in together”

I didn’t know what to say.

“Oh honey I know I should have told you sooner, but it’s just that, well………………I got nothing, but I should have told you about this, I'm so sorry, I'm really-"

"Mom it’s ok, I'm really happy for you" I cut off before she could apologize more

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Aw thank you" she said tearing up and giving me hug. My mom was overdramatic, overprotective at times, funny and over emotional but she was the best mom ever.

*

“Ma, this is Arianna and Xavier” I introduced them.

“Your son is adorable” mom told her.

“Thank you” Arianna said.  

“He reminds me a lot of Damon. Oh I need to go check on my pasta. I hope pasta is fine”

“I love pasta” Arianna said smiling.

“Great, Dammy why don’t you show our guests around. My guest should be here any minute now” mom said and went into the kitchen.

“Dammy?” Arianna raised an eyebrow.

I felt my cheeks starting to burn up. What the hell? Why was I blushing? you're going soft Damon. But I felt i could be myself when I was with Arianna. 

"its cute" she said. 

"I wana show you something" i said and led her upstairs to my room. Showing her some toys I had bought for Xavier.A few toy cars, stuffed animals and some toy instruments.

"I hope you don't mind me giving a few gifts to Xavier"

"Damon-"

"Come on I'm like his father" i said cutting her off  .

"Fath-"

"I meant uncle" i corrected myself quickly.

"Then i guess its ok, but dont make it a routine" she warned.

"Oh man!" i pretended to pout.

Arianna laughed "You bought all these?"

"Yeah and I got myself a date with the cashier whom i bought these from"

Arianna rolled her eyes, she looked cute when she did that.

A/N: If u like please comment , vote , fan if u didn't please do tell me ..its ok im a big i can take it :)