Chapter 11: A Mission

Lucy's POV

Me and my team the elemental slayers have been in Fairy tail for just over 3 weeks and we have been on a total of 20 missions, our first mission was an SS class job we had to kill 200 monsters that where terrorising a town called Dappanet (made up).

Flash back (in italics)

Lucy's POV

"Come on guys" I shouted over to my team 'The Elemental Slayers' "what where are we going Lu" Hayley replied, I walked over to Mira and asked her to stamp the job request and she just looked at me so I asked "what's up" "You, You can't do this job, not even team Natsu could complete this and there our strongest team" I just looked at Mira and laughed. Mira gave me a confused look so I explained to her why I was laughing, I said "Mira seriously I am stronger than team Natsu, Me so how strong do you think my team is" Mira nodded stamped the paper and waved goodbye, I waved back and said "oh and Mira didn't master tell you the elemental slayers is the strongest team in Fiore" then I walked back to my team to answer Hayley's question.

"Right guys the flier says:

Help! We need you to kill 200 hundred monsters that are destroying the town

Reward: 100,000,000 jewel and 9 celestial keys

Town: Dappanet

Meet at the mayor's house for more information"

I read this out loud for my team to hear, we all teleported home and packed for the mission we were leaving at midnight because the train ride is 7 hours long.

Time skip Midnight

We left our house and walked towards the train station. Once we got to the station we bought the tickets then waited for about 10 minutes until the train arrived. I was sat next to the window and Luna who was sat next to Akira opposite me was Hayley who had Grace resting on her lap and the exceeds all sleeping on their partners laps. Everyone was a tired because we had about an hour sleep before we left, I said "Guys go to sleep if you are tired ill wake you when we arrive" everyone but Hayley agreed she said to me "I'll stay awake to keep you company" "No Hayley you need to have a good sleep or you'll be tired when we get there" she just laughed and said "I haven't had a good night sleep since Grace was born that was nearly 8 years ago". We both laughed at her comment and continued to talk about random things. The train has finally arrived so we all got off and headed towards the mayors house.

The train has finally arrived so we all got off and headed towards the mayors house/mansion. Once we got there he told us more information about these monsters and where they hide out. We made our way through the wood, we were walking for a few minutes until we heard a scream. I ran through the forest and saw a woman holding a young child close to her chest protecting her from the monster that was trying to hurt them. "Hayley get them out of the way" she nodded and ran at lightning speed and grabbed the mother and child before they could be squished by a monster. "Akira, Luna, Grace go see if there are any more people if so kill the monster and save them" they nodded and ran further into the forest. "you five should go help them" I said to the exceeds who were walking besides me with star on my head and night on my shoulder they all shout ok and fly towards the others.

I saw that Hayley had taken the two people back to the village and she was back next to me, I smirked and cracked my knuckles then run full speed and shout "water wolf fist" Hayley then shouts "ice wolf fist", we punch at the same time so the monster is encased in a large block of ice, I give her a high five and we run off to kill the other 199 monsters (Monsters in media).

Once we killed all of the monsters we made our way back to the village to collect our reward. We were walking back to the train station splitting the reward, we all got 20,000,000J each but because I am the only celestial mage I take the 9 keys. So far I have 12 zodiac /Gold keys, 5 silver keys, 21 dragon keys, 8 angel keys, 8 god/goddess keys, 8 demon keys and 12 wolf keys.

We finished the mission in one day so we decided to go to crocus and do some shopping because it was only 2 stops away. Once we arrived in crocus we set off for a shopping trip.

Whilst we were walking around town we saw a magic shop, once we entered we saw lots of armour so we kind of went on an armour shopping spree. I was helping Hayley find armour that would fit an 8 year old or that would change to fit you for grace, whilst we were searching I came across the shelf that was full of celestial keys, these keys where different from others that I have seen. There were a total of 8 keys, there were 4 red/orange keys that have a flame on the top with a symbol in the centre, 1 turquoise key that has a tree on the top with the symbol in the centre of the leaves, 2 pale blue keys with a raindrop on the top with the symbol also in the centre and 1 pale silver key with a cloud on the top.

I grabbed all 8 keys and carried on looking for armour, I kept thinking back to when celest said to me "Lucy if you ever come across other keys make sure to buy them and become the strongest celestial mage to ever exist". We had spent a few hours looking and trying on different types of armour, Once the others had paid I walked up to the counter and paid for the 4 sets of armour and the 8 keys, before I left I asked the owner what he knew about these keys he said "these keys are called the element keys there are 16 in total, there are 4 elements fire, earth, water and air. Each element has their own special name for fire they are called the Ashe keys, earth which are the valance keys, the Ocea keys for water and the Imperos keys for air." I thanked the woman behind the counter paid and left.

After our little shopping trip we walked to the train station and climbed on the train heading back to magnolia.