{26}

Naruto

Did I really say that? What the fuck happened anyways?!

I opened my mouth and those four words just came tumbling out as if something else was talking and not myself.

...It could be my heart talking instead of my head. Is it true? Do I truly love Hinata?

I let go of my head, my eyes refocusing on the table in front of me.

Yeah, I couldn't help my smile like some goofball, yeah I guess I do love her.

I'm in love with Hinata Hyuga.

I turned to my girlfriend taking an order a few feet away. I was sitting in my usual spot by the window and the door, drinking my very special peppermint mocha even though it's almost the end of January.

It tastes amazing because she made it.

Life is amazing because she is in it.

"How did you get permission to return to this place?" And Sasuke is the one that ruins my life despite how amazing it can get.

"Only Hinata and Marou knows that we're here," I replied.

"Who the hell is Marou?"

I inclined my head towards the younger coworker taking another customer at his register.

Sasuke lost interest right away, "Aren't you supposed to be heading out to warm up or something?"

My heart stopped completely. I forgot that I actually have to be there early to warm up.

"Go on ahead," Sasuke chuckled. "I walk your girl over there later."

I grabbed my bag and shot out of the door but then stopped half way through.

I forgot something important. Then I ran back inside directly towards the lines of two or three people per side.

I excused myself, weaving through the line straight up to Hinata. The man taking his order looked at me, a little annoyance in his eyes. She had her head down, punching something into the computer.

"Will that be all for you?" Ahhhh, her voice melts my soul, I swear.

Right when she looked up, I leaned over the counter and placed my lips gently on her forehead, closing my eyes.

Hinata didn't jump or react in any way but I know with confidence that I make her heart race everytime.

Awwes filled the cafe before I separated. She might not have been surprised, but her face is at red as a tomato.

He he he.

"Just in case I can't do that later, Marou." I winked at her. "See you later."

''''''''''''''''''
Hinata

Marou hasn't stopped teasing me all afternoon and I couldn't help but blush then smack him shouting shut up without much success. Sasuke stayed behind to walk me to the game and not much later, Sakura came in to join him a few minutes ago dressed in Konoha gear.

Yuki-san, my manager, wasn't very happy when she saw Sasuke and Naruto sitting by the window earlier. She kept scowling then walking back and forth caring a bag of coffee with her eyes on them. I had asked for her permission to allow them back into the cafe which took a lot of begging actually. She finally agreed with an annoyed grunt because they were my friends and I would be responsible for keeping them in check.

The afternoon rush settled down a bit just as Marou told me to go ahead and leave. I happily escaped out back to the locker rooms to change into the jersey.