{15}

Hinata

Naruto never came back after he dragged Kiba out into the hallway to have their manly chat. Not even five minutes later I get a call that he's busy and can't hangout for the rest of the day like he promised.

Then two minutes after the call, Sakura returns to our dorm with three of her friends while I was munching on some cereal and greeted me with a happy smile. I, on the other hand, had a whole bunch of chocolate cheerios in my mouth.

"Hinata? You alright, girl?" Ino asked.

I swallowed the cheerios, "I was supposed to tutor you."

"Yeah no change of plans," she suddenly walked over and yanked the arm holding the spoon. I stumbled a bit but didn't drop or spill anything in the process.

"What do you mean a change of plan? Y-you need the tutoring."

Ino sighed, "We can do that tomorrow but for right now, can we please go to the mall?"

Come again, "Then go ahead."

Sakura smacked Ino's arm, "With you Hinata."

"Sakura-chan you know the mall really isn't my scene," I replied.

But none of them heard me. Next thing I know, I was shoved into my own room and told I had five minutes to change.

Just what are they planning?

'''''''''''''''
Naruto

Just don't hurt Hinata...

Ugh! I just want to punch his face in for saying things like that. I'd never hurt Hinata, not today not ever.

But this bet would kill her if she found out...

Will it? Now that I think about it, I still feel pretty neutral being around Hinata. I wonder...

Does she actually like me?

I'm not going to deny that I'm irresistible but it will be a really big problem if Hinata does end up having feelings for me.

Or the better question is:

Will I end up having feelings for her?

A flash of her geninune smiling face filled my vision, my heart suddenly yearning to get closer to that face. It's aching... it wants her.

I'm not falling for her, right?

Wait hold on! Why am I doubting myself all of a sudden? There's no way. No, there can't be.

Am I really slowly falling for Hinata?

"Bleck!" My nose....

I backed away a few inches, rubbing my bruising nose. What did I just run into anyway?!

Huh? The glass door of the cafe. There should be some damn bar or something there. That hurt and it's dark, too. Since it was closed, there were only a few lights switched on inside.

The sound of the bell signaled the door was just opened.

"Naruto-kun are you okay?" The voice belonging to the person that has been confusing me all day made my cheek turn a bit pink for looking like a dork holding his nose.

Hinata was standing in the doorway, the cursed glass door resting against her shoulder. Although her face try to show that she was indeed worried, I didn't miss the cute hint of amusement swimming in her unique eyes.

Well shit....

"Naruto-kun?"

"I'm fine," I cleared my throat. "Are you done closing?"

She nodded, "Let me just grab my jacket and we can go."

I stared at her retreating figure as I caught the door to enter. She graciously leapt over the counter top and pushed the backdoor to disappear.

Taking one of the already stacked chairs, I sat down no...more of slumped. That was too much for me to handle in only a matter of a few seconds. I can't believe I acted like a fool in front of Hinata like that.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Does she think I'm some kind of loser? She can't! I'm supposed to be the cool boyfriend! Why am I such an idiot?

"Here," her soft voice nearly me made me fall out of my seat. Dammit! Is it her mission to make me look stupid in front of her or something.

Hinata was wearing a black trench coat and was bent over, her eyes watching my movements with the amusement growing more and more. The familiar smell softened my tensed self for once.

"For me?" I murmured.

She nodded as I stood up. I put the sear back to its original position upside down on top of the table. I took a sip or two, appreciating the warm taste when Hinata locked the door.

Plus it's hiding my embarrassment from almost falling out of my chair earlier.

I didn't notice her shoulder softly brushing my arms as she walked by. I stopped half sip, my eyes widening at Hinata taking one step, two hands in her coat before turning around.

"N-Naruto-kun?" A beautiful smile suddenly spread across her face. "Let's go, hm?"

Then she turned and continued walking.

Holy shit...

'''''''"'"'''""'

"Shikamaru!" I shouted bursting through the main doors of the boys' dorm room.

My genius friend was sitting on the sofa dozing off with a book opened covering his face when I yelled. He simply groaned and didn't say anything more.

I took a seat on the coffee table, my chest raising and falling dramatically.

"Speak you loud son of a bitch," was all he said.

I trust Shikamaru to always give me an answer and to always kick me in the right direction. I need him to do that to me now.

"So I've been feeling very weird lately," I started.

"I told you not to eat that expired ramen but nooooo," he cut me off.

This jerk, "It's not that."

"Then please continue," he sat up a bit, his interest peaked.

Hold on. I don't know how to talk to him about this! He's not supposed to know I get the affected when it comes to Hinata cause he might go and tattle. But at the same time, I really need his help.

There's only one way to do this.

"I have this friend..." Come on, take it. Take the bait you damned genius!

"Okay..."

Good now continue, "He is dating someone but he thinks he's in love with another only his girlfriend is making him feel all weird and... and warm."

The genius didn't say anything else so I didn't stop, "He asked me what that warm weird feeling was. I'm not good at stuff like this so I thought I should ask someone with a girlfriend. Preferably you since I'd stab Sasuke because he'd just be showing off Sakura."

The interest in Shikamaru's small eyes morphed into amusement which made me uncomfortable.

Something tells me I'm going to be very surprised with this answer.

"It's called love nitwit," Shikamaru sighed standing up. "It doesn't take a smart ass like me to figure it out."

L-love?

"Google it," he winked at me and walked away. "Your friend might actually like it."