{7}

{Naruto}

I belly tackled my bed when I returned to my room. Sasuke was already asleep when I entered since he has a morning class. Responsible, that one...while I'd stay up to two doing make up work when I have a 7:30 class.

I seriously didn't expect Hinata to say yes without much thought. This was going to be easier then I thought it'd be. After the two months are over, I'd apologize to her for using her and everything would be back to normal. I mean, I'll still be a good 'boyfriend' to her and everything but my heart would always lay with Sakura and nobody else.

This is gonna be a piece of cake. I get to show up that jerk hole and make his girl mine.

Life has never been so easy.

''''''''''''''''''
{Hinata}

I closed the door to my dorm silently, almost afraid of waking my pretty grouchy roommate that doesn't even acknowledge my existence. We established the ground rule that we don't interact unless necessary so I'm keeping it at that.

But I was almost surprised to see the light in her room on. She was kinda a party animal so she's never in the dorm. It's a Friday night, too. Either she has a morning class tomorrow or the party hasn't even started yet.

I sighed quietly before making my way to our little kitchen to grab a cup of water, all the while my mind in some other world.

Naruto asked me out... and it's fishy. I know I've only met him yesterday so there's no way he fell for me in a 24 hour time period.

I keep scratching my brain but nothing is coming up. So many questions I could've asked but instead my stupid self agreed. He must think I'm an easy target and desperate or something.

Damn I'm stupid...

"You look lost," I looked up at the sudden voice intruding my thoughts. My roommate stood there in her PJs, holding a coffee mug.

Why is she talking to me? We never talk. It's not that we hate each other, but it's not like we're buddy buddy. We're just two very different people that have our own lives.

"It's nothing," I sighed. "Not going out tonight?"

She shook her head, "We have a test in biology class tomorrow can't go."

"Oh."

I leaned against the little counter taking a sip of my water, "I almost forgot about that."

"It's not like that really matters to you," a smile started tugging at her lips. "You'd pass it with flying colors."

Yeah because I'm genius I get it, I get it. That's all I really hear. No, she's brilliant, too. Just a little slow.

"That's not true," I denied nonetheless. "I still need to review a few things."

I took a sip of my water, now trying to figure out why she's talking to me. It's weird. There's really nothing to talk about.

"Do you need anything, Sakura-chan?"

Ah yes... Sakura Haruno. Captain cheerleader, beautiful, dating Sasuke Uchiha who is the captain of the basketball team. Also, the girl that two of the hottest guys at school got in a fight over. Sasuke is the victor; I don't know about the other guy.

"I saw you talking to Naruto earlier," she said, her jade eyes looking a random spot on the floor. "I was just wondering what it was about..."

What does Naruto have to do with all of this?

"He was just being friendly," I said, almost confused with her question.

She nodded, drinking her water, "He is very friendly but loud and obnoxious at the same time."

I suppose since Sakura talks about Naruto like this, she either likes him or a close friend. I'm not in the mood to find out though, I need to actually study for the test tomorrow.

"I'll stop bothering you," she said finally walking towards me and setting her cup down by the sink. Before returning to her room, the door closing behind her.

''''''''''''''''''
Sakura wasn't in our dorm when I woke up the next morning. She probably went ahead to get a good seat in class or probably wanted to study early.

The class doesn't start for another forty-five minutes and since all I had to do was work after the test, I decided to go down to one of the mess halls for breakfast. Sliding on some warm tennis shoes and a hoodie, I made sure my keys were in my pocket before I reached for the doorknob.

The moment the door opened, I was nearly tackled by a body twice my height. My arms shot out, trying to stabilize whoever it was. But this scent -

I looked down at the familiar blonde hair right under my chin, "N-Naruto-kun?"

He slowly lifted his face until the blue eyes met pale. Almost immediately, I blushed at how close we were and the fact that Naruto's face was practically centimeters from my chest.

The blue eyes shot to mines quickly and I could see his Adam's apple raise and fall in embarrassment.

"H-Hinata, hey good morning," Naruto stood up as straight as possible. His whiskered cheeks slowly turning a little rosy. "Sleep well?"

I nodded once, my own cheeks burning at an impossible temperature.

"You heading down to the mess hall?" He asked, pointing a thumb into the hallway.

"Y-yeah."

"Then let's go together."

'''''''''''''''''''''''
Breakfast was not even awkward. Naruto mad sure he always made sure he made conversation with me so it wouldn't be as awkward as I thought. But I did notice him constantly glancing behind me for shirt brief milliseconds.

"A-are you friends with Sakura?" I finally asked, eating some of my Fruit Loops.

"Why do you ask?" He raised an eyebrow.

I looked over my shoulder once at my roommate who was eating breakfast with one other fellow medical student in our class. Her hair was very, very long, light blonde and in a really nice ponytail.

Naruto replied, his tone completely different from earlier, "You know Sakura?"

"She's my roommate," I answered.

His eyes widened in surprise, "How come you never told me?"

I blinked in my own little surprise. Why does he care so much about her anyway? "Because you never asked and I never knew you guys were f-friends."

The surprise from before disappeared from his eyes. Naruto sat up straighter and sighed loudly. For the next five minutes, he didn't even try to start a conversation. Instead, he went straight to his phone and ate his cereal in absolute silence.

That's it. I've had it and I knew something was going on between them. The way Sakura talked about him and the way he keeps looking at her... could they make it anymore obvious?

"Naruto-kun?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you ask me out when it's obvious you like Sakura-chan?"