{3}

{Naruto}

"The mind of a serial killer is normally composed of..." and my head nearly hit the desk the moment Hakumi-sensei started.

I don't know why I bothered coming to classes today anyway. I stayed up all night making sure Hinata wasn't seriously hurt or something. I don't get why I continued staying up when the docs said it was just a minor concussion. I guess it's just my guilty conscious not letting me sleep because I put her in that condition in the first place.

But when I got back to my dorm, I had like three cups of coffee before taking a long nap since my government class didn't start until around noon. I walked Hinata back to her dorm just in case some other flying ball or damn idiot came out of nowhere but right after I returned to my own.

That's it. After this class, I'm heading to that cafe with the magical coffee that can keep anybody awake for weeks. The last time I had their mocha, I was able to pull an all-nighter and pass my history of law enforcement test. There's going to be another one about our government soon so I'm going to need that magic coffee.

I sure hope the boss doesn't remember me and kick me out the minute I step foot inside though. I made a mess the last time I was there because of something I rather not remember. It was a rough time for me. I hated how I acted. I regret every moment of it.

I lost someone special to me that time and haven't spoken to them since then. I've only been keeping tabs on them through my other friends who forgave me for being such an idiot.

"Hey Naruto," a soft poke in my side returned me to this dimension.

I glanced at my friend, a guy with wavy black hair and a pale face, "What cha want, Sai?"

"It's not what I want," his eyes was glued to the front of the classroom. "It's what Hakumi-sensei wants."

What?

"Uzumaki-san," the sensei cleared his throat, causing my own blood to run ice cold. "Are you with us again?"

"A-aye sir..."

'''''''''''''''''

{Hinata}

"Welcome to the Leaf Cafe," I gave the young couple a warm smile. "How may I help you today?"

I pinned in their coffee all the while ordering Marou-san, the eighteen year old boy, how to make the drinks. The poor guy was rushing back and forth fulfilling my orders and our boss'. Hey, best way to train a new worker is to make him do everything. He's doing a good job of it, too.

"Will that be all for you?" I asked.

"Yes," the boyfriend handed me his credit card.

As I finished the transaction, my boss grabbed my sleeve, "Hey Hina-chan."

I blinked at her, "What is it?"

"I really," her petite face morphed into a puppy one, "really need to pee so can you handle the next customer in line?"

She was gone before I could say anything else.

"I can help wh-"

Oh... no.

The familiar blonde spiky hair caused me to almost hide behind the giant coffee machines we had. What's he doing here?! Konoha University students aren't allowed here, except me because I'm an employee. We had a giant sign hanging in the window, too. Did he really completely ignore it and went in without a second thought.

He hasn't spotted me yet! Lucky me he didn't know what he wanted to drink. I could run out back and make Marou take care of the transaction.

"Marou-kun," I turned to the boy frantically.

He looked at me, eyes widened, "What is it, Hinata-san?"

"Have I trained you on the register yet?"

Marou shook his head, "Not yet."

Dammit...

I looked at the customer once more. His focus was still on the menu above my head.

I need to leave like now!

"Alright, I'm ready," he finally said.

Too late...

"Hey, can I get the peppermint mocha, please?" the customer said, literally a few inches from me.

I was hiding my face behind the computer screen, my heart beating at such an intense speed I was afraid it might stop at any minute now.

Please don't notice me, please don't notice me.

"Excuse me, miss?" the confusion in his voice evident. "Are you alright?"

A soft tap on my shoulder nearly made me jump.

"Hinata-san?"

"Hinata-san?" the customer repeated Marou. "As in Hyuga Hinata?! Hey! You work here, Hinata-chan?"

Cover blown. Mission failed.

I took two breaths before lifting my head to face the too attractive to be true customer, "H-hey Naruto-kun."

Almost immediately, his whiskered cheeks grew a little pink, "Damn, I need to start getting use to be called that."

Act casual Hinata, "So w-what can I get you today?"

"Before that," Naruto blinked once. "Why were you hiding from me?"

"O-oh uh," think Hinata, think! "I was j-just checking if I had enough change, that's all. It's been pretty busy today."

Lame Hinata, lame! He's not going to buy it. No way he's going to buy it! He thinks you're some rude weirdo who hides from people she knows and doesn't bother to greet them!

"Really? Are you getting your breaks? Don't overwork yourself especially with that minor concussion," he said, pulling out his wallet from his dark jeans.

Now that I didn't expect.

"My break is in a few minutes," I replied. "And I told you already, I'm fine. Thanks for the worry though."

"A few minutes, huh?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Perfect! I'll be right there," he pointed to a table for two by the window.

No way.

"And until then," he glanced at the board again. "I'd like the medium peppermint mocha."

I turned to Marou-kun but Naruto held up a hand, "Made by you, Hinata-chan."

You can't be serious.

"B-but Naruto -"

"I'll wait for you," his gave me his credit card, a goofy smile spreading on his lips. "No matter how long it takes. I'll wait for you, Hinata-chan."