{16}

Hinata

Naruto has been acting really, really weird since he hit his head almost five days ago. I thought that must've been the reason but clearly it wasn't. There's something else that's thrown him off his equilibrium and is making him more confused about his life then he was before.

Every morning, he'd be waiting at my door even before I open it about to knock. Then ask me if I wanted to go down to breakfast with him. All throughout breakfast, I'd catch him stealing glances at me constantly and when I meet his eyes, he'd do some goofy thing jumping over the chair; trip then run to grab some more food. 

He even learned my entire schedule so he'd be waiting outside the classroom when I'm done with a lecture. Naruto would walk me to work everyday and back to the dorms everyday without speaking a lot either. It gets me a little worried about what the hell is going on his mind but I haven't said anything about it.

He's not the only one that's been acting weird. Ino, Temari and Sakura have been going of their ways to talk and get to know me. I mean, I don't mind that they want to be my friends but I want to know why. Why are they suddenly taking care of me?

"Hinata?" Some fingers snapped right in front of my vision.

It was Sakura who walks with me to our Biology class every day after lunch now. I had a million questions I wanted to ask her but now is not the time.

"Y-yes? Sorry I spaced."

A look of worry passed her face, also something very common along with weird, "You alright?"

I nodded, "Fine."

Not looking convinced, she turned around before spinning back to facing me, "Do you want to grab dinner? No wait, you have work."

"Y-yeah."

"Then I'll steal you something from the lunchroom."

"Oh no you don't-"

My roommate held up a finger, "See you at eight o'clock."

See? My point made.

''''''''''''''

I put the two bananas into the blender before pressing the high blend button. I leaned against the counter and sighed, rotating my sore shoulders.

It's only a Thursday but everybody decided it should be family coffee night. All the tables are taken; even the ones outside when it's only thirty degrees.

People finally stopped coming in but that doesn't mean we could rest. Marou was on the floor, sweeping and mopping any messes created. Our manager was cleaning the restrooms and I'm manning the drawers while making the coffee.

I looked up once, scanning the cafe to make sure everything was running smoothly until the beautiful ocean blue eyes caught mines.

He was holding his peppermint mocha with one hand, close to his mouth about to take a sip when out eyes met. From there, my boyfriend winked at me and proceeded to drink some of the coffee.

I immediately whipped around, hiding my blushing face. Since Naruto has been acting weird for the past five days, he's made my heart flutter on no end.

"Hina~" my manager's voice sighed, "Take your thirty minute break now so you can man the rest of the night and close."

I nodded my thank you as I took my apron off and jumped over the counter on the other side out of public view.

Marou shouldered me as I passed and gave me a suggestive look. I had to restrain myself from hitting the jerk.

"Are you working too much, Hinata?" Naruto greeted me as I sat down. "That manager working you too hard?"

I shook my head, "Nothing I'm not used to. We are the only cafe in Konoha."

"Well here," he reached into his soccer warmer and pulled out a chocolate chip Cliff Bar. "It should give you some energy to last the night."

I took it hesitantly, "Thank you."

"What?" He smiled at me. "Can't a boyfriend care about his girlfriend?"

"That's not it," I drew a breath. "You've just been a little different around me lately. Everyone has been actually."

He blinked, "Whatcha mean?"

"Well," I thought for a second. "Sakura-chan, Ino-chan and Temari-chan have been trying to talk to me more and um... you've been oddly very interested in my life then before."

"Oh," his expression slowly dropped.

"I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything," I quickly cleared. "I'm just curious. Did something happen?"

"Should something happen for me to actually care about you?" he suddenly said, his playful mode suddenly gone just like that.

I flinched at his words, "T-that's not what I meant, Naruto-kun."

"Forget it," he suddenly stood up and pushed in his chair. "I'm sorry if I can't care about you. I'll call you later."

And he left the cafe without another word.

Alright how come this scene is so familiar?

That's probably why it stung so much.

'''''''''''''''
Naruto

I can't believe she doesn't appreciate me caring for her. She should know it took a lot of my pride to actually do it.

God dammit!

I've never been so frustrated! Why am I frustrated? Do I actually want her to appreciate me?

Dammit!

Ouch!!!

Did I just punch a fucken brick wall? I looked at my knuckles, blood to be exact.

Fuck. I really did just punch a brick wall!

Why am I so angry anyway? I've been on edge for the past few days ever since Shikamaru told me that I might actually have  already fallen for her without Hinata having to do anything but stand there and look irresistible.

Damn my life. For once I might actually lose a bet and it's only been more than a week. Two months of this madness, I'll lose it completely. 

"Do you need that wrapped you idiot?" a voice stopped my senseless wandering. Turning, I spotted Sakura walking up to me, her bag on one shoulder. 

No, I'm supposed to be in love with her. Sakura Haruno is the only girl for me and the only one I can ever truly love.

But lately, my heart doesn't flutter whenever she talks to me like it did before. I don't yearn to hug her or touch her. Every time I see her now, I don't feel that strange feeling or the yearning. What the hell is going on with me? I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

"Thank you," was all I could say.