{6}

Before we get started I wanted to say sorry about the delay in updates but finals were crazy and with the holidays, life has just been crazy.

But Happy Holidays to all my fans and the next time we see each other will be 2016 ○.○ Time is crazy fast lately hasn't it?

{Naruto: a few hours earlier}

I blinked at the genius completely confused with his proclamation. Me? Over Sakura? Never! I love her with everything I got and he thinks just because that jerk hole is dating her... I would ever stop loving her.

No, I'm determined to get her back.

"You're saying crazy things again," I laughed. "Like hell I'd get over Sakura that easily."

Shikamaru narrowed his eyes, "Then this girl you were talking about, what is she to you?"

"A friend," I said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "A friend who has been hurt beyond imagine. A friend who's been bullied just because she has very unique and beautiful eyes and because she's the smartest person I've met, besides you."

A smirk started spreading across his face, "By the sound of it, you already love this other girl."

"I do not!" I rolled my eyes. "I will never fall for any other girl other than Sakura."

"Prove it," another voice intruded on our conversation. A voice that made me want to rip my hair out every time.

I shot a glare over my shoulder. There he was: Mr. Perfect was standing; his arms crossed, his black hair slicked back from a jog he probably just returned from.

"Prove what, Sasuke?" I growled. "I have nothing to prove to you."

"That you won't fall for any other girl," his black eyes darkened. "So I'm going to bet with you."

I hate this jerk! Even if he is my best friend... he stole my girl and he knows how competitive I can get.

"Alright," I turned and looked at him square in the eyes. "Bet on what?"

"Sakura."

"Woah there," I raised my hands. "She isn't an object that -"

"I know that but I'm willing to give her up if you are able to prove that you are in love with her and only her," he murmured. "Then I know I can trust you with her at least."

I thought about it for a second. So when all of this is over, I get Sakura? As easy as that? No, there's gotta be some kind of catch but by the way Sasuke was declaring the bet, he meant every word of it.

"What do I have to do?" I look at him through hooded eyes.

Sasuke crossed his arms, "Ask this girl you claim you aren't falling for out and date for at least two months. After the two months and you're perfectly fine with breaking up with the pale-eyed girl, then I'll know that you really do deserve Sakura."

So date Hinata for two months and I get the girl of my dreams... it's a win-win situation I guess. I get Sakura out of it all so it's the least I could do. After two months, I'll tell Hinata everything and that's that. We can return to being friends like nothing ever happened and I get to have Sakura in my arms forever.

Why the heck not, right?

"You got yourself a deal, pretty boy."

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

{Hinata: Present Time}

Is he being serious right now? N-Naruto... the guy every single girl at the university wanted just asked me out as if it's the most obvious question?

No, I must be dreaming.

"Hinata-chan?" I saw one of the blonde eyebrows raise a bit. "You okay?"

I shook my head quickly, "J-just shocked you'd ask such a q-question out of the blue like that."

"Well, do you?" Naruto repeated, a little more urgently this time.

Urgently?

"Hinata-chan?" his voice confused. "What's your answer?"

I sighed. This is just a dream. He's asking this too randomly and he just literally met me yesterday. There's no way this is real so I'm going to do what my dreaming self would.

"A-alright," I sighed. "I'll go out with you."

"Really?" Naruto looked a little too surprised. "You will go out with me?"

I nodded once. What the hell am I doing?

"Oh, well he he," he rubbed the back of his blonde hair sheepishly. "Could I get you number first at least? Then I'll send you a plan for our first date."

"Naruto-kun," I didn't meet his eyes when I called his attention.

"Hm?"

"Why are you asking me out all of a sudden?" I played with my fingers a bit. "I-I mean, we literally met yesterday. If you feel like it's an obligation -"

He held up a hand, "No it's not an obligation because I hurt you or anything. It's like I said before. We might've never met but I do know who you are, Hinata-chan."

A warm smile slowly spread across his face, "At least I want to get to know the Hinata Hyuga for who she really is, believe it."