Chapter 20

***Charlie's POV***

"Wait start over again." Alex told me,confused.

I sighed, tired of explaining. I had already explained this twice! "Okay so I found out why Trey was acting all weird, and being distant-and before you say anything, no we were not fighting." Alex, Brenda, and Haily stayed quiet, waiting for me to continue. "Okay so I found out that Trey received a text message basically threatening me."

"What was the threat?" Hailey asked, raising her eyebrow.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I over-heard John talking to Trey. Anyways Trey didn't know how to tell me that's why he was all distant. I guess he was worried about how I'd react."

"How did you react?" Brenda asked, interested.

How would I tell them that their mates had a possibility of dying just to save me? I still didn't think it was a good idea. If any of them died..I'd be heart broken...and guiltily. "Well Trey said that he was going to track down whoever sent it, and kill him, with the help of some of his strongest pack members." I mumbled the last part, not wanting to say it out loud. Though I had said it loud for all of them to hear, even Hailey who was just human.

"Wait so...are mates are going to help?" Alex asked, I couldn't tell how she felt about it. I nodded.

"Wait who's threatening you anyways?" Brenda looked confused. I shrugged again not knowing the answer. I probably should've asked Trey instead of warning him I'd cut his balls off. "'Cause who would wanna threaten you? I mean the Midnight pack is one of the strongest packs, so people know not to mess with you guys..."

I looked down at the ground. Brenda was right. Who would threaten me? I mean I was a nice person right? I hadn't killed anyone or anything so why was I being threatened. I looked up to see Brenda looking distant, I'm guessing she was using the mind link to talk to Chris. She was probably asking him the same questions I didn't know the answer to.

"Oh!" She exclaimed dragging the 'o'. We all looked at her. "Okay well Chris said that Kattie's' mate is probably the one threatening you. They don't know for sure, but yeah that's what they think."

"Wait who's Katie?" Alex asked. Since she moved here she didn't know about me 'dying' or Katie. "And why would he threaten you?"

We ignored her and kept talking. "If Katie had a mate how come she was after Trey then?" I questioned.

"Maybe she didn't think he was good enough for her?" Hailey took a guess.

"Well she was a slut so it makes sense that she wanted two guys.." Brenda stated.

"Wait who the fudge is Katie and why is her mate threatening Charlie?!" Alex exclaimed. Oh right we forgot to answer her question.