Chapter 18 Part 2

• Dedicated to My Mom

***Charlie's POV***

"Hey guys." Trey greeted, Justin and Alex. I could tell that he was tense....for what? I'm not sure. He hadn't been the same since that night, when he blamed it on the hockey game. But I guess Justin or Alex didn't seem to notice his different mood.

"Hey thanks for doing this you guys it means a lot to me." Alex told us, gratefully, as she shut the car door. Trey started driving off, to school. The car was unusually silent, I think it had to do with Trey's new change of mood. Usually we're all talkative, and laughing our asses off, but today...we were all silent.

When we reached the school, Trey opened the door for me as usual. I got out the car, and he kissed my lips, roughly. I immediately reacted to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing him closer to me. After about a minute Trey pulled away, and trust me that was really unusual.

"I'll see you in a few, I'm gonna go talk to Chris." He nodded his head towards Justin. Justin followed behind Trey, saying 'goodbyes' to Alex. I watched as they walked off. What was up with Trey? It was killing me inside, I just wanted to know. I knew he was keeping something from me, but what was it?

"Are you guys fighting?" Alex asked, from behind me. I turned to face her.

"No..."

"Oh then what's up with him?"

"I don't know..." I told her truthfully.

Suddenly Brenda appeared grinning widely. "Hi guys!" She chirped happily.

"Boy you're too happy, especially for someone being pregnant.." Alex told her trailing off.

"Well how could I not be happy? I'm having a child with the love of my life." Brenda explained, shrugging.

"Hey Brenda, speakin' of Chris, did you see Trey with him?" I asked.

"Yeah, they were talking be-"

"Did you hear what they were talking about?" I cut her off.

"Um... no..Trey was talking, but then flicked his eyes to me, so I left..." I sighed. I knew Trey wasn't telling me anything, anytime soon. I guess I'd have to find out for myself. "Why is something wrong? Are you two fighting for the first time?"

I was about to answer when Alex cut me off. "I asked her the same thing, and she siad no. But it seems like they are right?"

"Yeah I mean..they're too quiet, and pretty distant.."

"I know usually you can't get them off of each other. If they're not making out, they're hugging, if they're not hugging they're holding hands, if they're not holding hands then they have their arms wrapped around each other. If they're not doing any of that, then I'm not sure what they're doing,"