Chapter fourteen- inside their minds

This chapter lacks action, I know. But its mostly so you guys can take a look at what the characters are thinking and feeling so in the upcoming chapters you guys can understand their reasoning behind their actions. Enjoy.

- Zombie Gerri

__________________________________________

Chapter- 14

Santos POV

The stairs continued until they lead us to the roof of the building. The sky was a light blue like back in the day when everything was... I guess compared to now it was peaceful.

I heard Cory sigh. It sounded like a longing sigh. I'm pretty sure he wanted everything to go back like it used to be. And I second that thought.

He took a seat on a metal pipe that ran throughout the roof and into the building. Everyone followed his lead, but I leaned on a small satellite tower. Man, how I miss cable tv.

"Alright," the girl said, "we will rest for fifteen, but that's it."

We nodded. I couldn't help my thoughts from wandering over to my past life, the life I now long for like a mad man. My family is gone. My friends are gone. I just hope that they are gone from here not dead. I can live with never seeing them as long as they are well and living, but I guess that's one luxury I'm not going to have.

Cory's POV

The sky was beautiful. The breeze blowing just the right amount to make my hair wrestle with itself. I let out a long sigh, man how I miss how things used to be. Being on the verge of death almost every minute of everyday is draining and most of all sad. I mean at first, when all this started I didn't realized what I was leaving behind, everything that was dying. All family that disappearing along with friends. Everyone you knew whether you liked them or not gone. Just like that. No trace, no clues.

I looked around the few that I knew for sure were living. They all had the same look on their faces. The same look I had. This was getting more difficult as time passed. At first it was all about survival but now that's not even that important. What is there to look forward if you survive? Loneliness?

Tony's POV

Man, I should have just died that day. I wouldn't have to be feeling like this. I mean I'm not alone, but I sure as hell feel like it. The only thing I have in common with these strangers is the will to survive, but I don't think I even want to do that anymore. I miss my mother,my fiancée, the way things were before this disaster struck. For once in my life everything was going well and bam, this had to happen. God! This is why I hate science.

Daniel's POV

The sun rays tickled my face trying to call my attention to the beautifully deceiving view that laid beyond us. Sure, it looked wonderful, peaceful, almost normal, like before, but its not. Its hell on earth. Nothing but a time machine could fix all the damage that has occurred and all the lives that have been ruined and lost.

In other words today sucks. Getting killed always leads to reminiscing the old days that can never come back and that is bad. Especially when we have a mission to complete.

Jaylen's POV

I coughed loudly to get these people to snap out of it but nothing. Not even a blink or a twitch of the eyes.

I didn't want to push them. I've been dazed like this before and when I'm interrupted I always bite someone's head off. I guess that's all we can really do at this point is just remember and cherish those moments that are now the only thing we posse of our real lives.

Rosa's POV

"Let's pack it up, guys," I said shaking myself out of a heavy, sleep-like daze, "We can just go out the building." The base wasn't far from here now and I'm sure of we power walk we can make it out of the building in a couple of minutes.

I heard groans and grunts as we all stood up and stretched. The sound of bones cracking filled my ears making me shiver.

"How much farther?" Tony and Cory asked in unison. A small smile crossed Cory's face, but never Tony's.

"Well, from this building about maybe twenty-five minutes, but that's if we hurry, so chop, chop."