Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19- Santos POV

"Its so dark!" Cory whined, as he spoke he hit what I'm guessing was a desk and made a thunderous sound sending sound waves colliding through the hallway walls.

"You would Cory," Jaylen hissed stopping to help him up, "use your flashlight correctly."

Cory grunted in response, but didn't argue.

"Can you guys try to keep it down? I don't want some hybrid shit coming out of nowhere and finish us," Jaylen growled after a few minutes of silence.

"You watch too many movies, dude," Cory chuckled slightly shaking his head. The hallway was endless and it seemed to be getting darker with each step we took.

-45 minutes left to return to the center-

"Walk faster," I said staring straight head, "I think I see doors."

"Fuck! She never told us what door or exactly where," Cory said finally realizing why I was walking fast. "We need time to search for the damn room still."

"Why would you even put a time limit?" Jaylen asked rudely twisting his face into a scowl, "I mean that just like totally screwed us." He hissed motioning around us for added effect.

"Why don't you stop being such a dick, Jaylen? Open a fucking door and be fucking useful!" I shouted finally loosing it. All the patience I had flew out the fucking window and rage replace it, filling every crack in my soul, "Fuck patience. Now Jaylen, take the door to the right and shut the fuck up unless you see something. Cory take the door over there," I pointed to the left, "when your done continue searching."

Quietly everyone went to their positions.

"Whatever, fuck you Santos," Jaylen muttered quietly to himself, but I heard making me smirk. That's what I thought!

-30 minutes left to return to the center-

"Stupid door!" Jaylen shouted, "there's shit here! There has been shit for the past three other doors." Slamming the door he turned to glare at me.

"Listen, you little fucking-"

"Found it!" Cory exclaim cutting me off, "there in here. Holy shit!"

I flipped Jaylen off while he did the same and walked to Cory. "Dude..." Was all I could say. Even though the only light was the one shining from our small flashlights, the room seemed brighter, like a ray of bright sunlight from the heavens above shined through an imaginary window.

"How do these even work?" Cory asked dumbfounded, "they look like the ones out of Halo!"

"Shh..." I whispered smacking him across the head, "just... enjoy the sight."

-25 minutes left to return to the center-

"Grab whatever you can. Make sure to get the right shells that go with your gun. Here," I took black carrying bags from a shelf and tossed one to each, "stuff whatever you can in these. From here on out we are going to try to stop the least as possible."

They nodded and proceeded to stuff their bags. Guns of all different types lined the walls. "I didn't even know they made these," Jaylen said in awe, his face like a little kid at a toy store.

"How do you even use these?" Cory asked seriously confused.

Jaylen and I stopped what we were doing and just stared at Cory. "Are you even a dude?" Jaylen barked, "I mean seriously just pull the trigger, if its a gun it has a trigger. I mean come on, Santana should whip you. She's a real hot looking woMAN!"

"Excuse me?" A womanly voice cut through the room, "who are you calling a man?"

My head snapped to regard the lady figure walking into the room. "Did we not agree to meet in the center? We still had, like fifteen minutes left."

"I heard crying so I figured you guys where in trouble."

"I wasn't crying!" Cory grunted, "I just-"

"Just shut it man. Your a disgrace!" Jaylen chuckled, but quickly returned to his scowl.

"Okay, let's hurry. " The girl marched into the room with a new wave of confidence leaving my staring like a retard.

"Close your mouth you might catch a fly," Daniel snickered. I refocused and glared at him before getting back to admiring the guns.

***

"We need a ride cause I'm not walking," Jaylen said casually looking at his nails while walking pass two big metal door leading outside.

Santana turned and smiled. "I figured you'd say that. Follow me."

Confusion over took Jaylen's face along with Cory's. Daniel and I smirked knowing what the girl had in store and it wasn't something small.