Chapter seven

*viewer discretion is advised*

i've got nothing...i just hope you enjoy reading this :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7- Jaylen's POV

"I want to go," I stated firmly.

Santos gawked at me, but I wasn't budging. I wanted to go get some food too.

"You'll just slow us down turd," Santos hissed.

"You guys never get anything good. I'm going and that's final," I said slamming my foot on the floor for added effect. I needed to fetch more ravioli did he not understand that?

Santos sent me his best death glare but I ignored him and focused my attention on the beautiful Lieutenant Santana.

"It doesn't matter who comes," she said sending me a smile, "So here's the plan."

She explained the plan in extreme detail. She sure did know this town well by the looks of it.

"Alright, Santos, Jaylen, and Tony, you guys come with me," she nodded us towards the door, "and you, Rodriguez stay with Cory."

We all nodded and followed her orders. Man, did she look mighty fine with that uniform. She rocked it like a goddess.

"Stop staring retard," Santos hissed smacking me across the head denting my perfect spherical afro. So much work for nothing argh.

***

"To the left," I yelled at Santos who just kept shooting in front of him protecting Lieutenant Santana and not himself. We were surrounded by a sea of endless zombies with no apparent way out. Just our luck.

"I have a grenade," Lieutenant Santana shouted over the gun shots, "But we need to make our way to that room over there for shelter."

We looked at the door and nodded shooting zombies left and right. Brains flying, blood squirting, and guts making my shoes squeak was not as fun as the videogames made it out to be. These beasts were hungry as hell and wanted us to be their dinner. They kept charging and charging making it impossible to get to the small door just a few feet away from us.

The Lieutenant pulled out a R15 and started going mafia on the zombies' asses. In a few minutes the path was cleared. Sprinting for the door was the most exciting and the scariest thing I have had to do in my life. Exciting because, well I felt like I was in an action pact video game of some sort and I was the badass scoring the high scores. Scary, well because I could die, or get bitten and well, die anyways.

"Hurry," I heard Lieutenant Santana panting behind us. She had the grenade in her hand. She pulled the clip and threw it like a football. I looked over my shoulder and saw the explosive spiraling through the air so high up it almost grazed the ceiling of the warehouse. It landed right in the middle of the hungry diseased humans.

Tony was the first in the door and I was second followed by Santos and then the sexy Lieutenant. She shut the door with lightening speed and shoved a metal shelf in front of it.

"Brace your-" but before she could warn us the grenade blew up shaking the ground underneath us. Tony stumbled back and let out a small cry.

"Tony, are you o-" but I shut myself up before I finished. Tony was not okay. There was blood oozing out from his forearm. He looked up at me with eyes wide as the full moon that was outside. His eyes started to water and his whole body started to shake vigorously.

"Tony did you get bitten?" I asked rushing to his side. He didn't answer instead his eyes rolled back and he collapsed on the floor. I turned around to see the Lieutenant and Santos behind my eyeing Tony's rigid body that laid before me.

"He didn't get bitten," Santos stated crouching down beside Tony. He took his arm into his hands and brought it up to his face, "He got grazed by a bullet. See," he said raising the arm in my face and the Lieutenant's, "If he would of gotten bitten there would be teeth marks or nail marks but there isn't, just a straight line the exact width of a 9mm bullet."

Finishing his smart conclusion he turned to me and once again smacked me across the head. "Next time aim better," he said smoothly. Wow this is a whole new Santos before my eyes. What happened to the old one? But it doesn't matter because I like the more caring, brotherly Santos.

I guess it was my fault though. I was the only one with a 9mm gun and I was behind Tony the whole time. Well at least we know its friendly fire not a rabid zombie bite.

"So what's the plan to get of here?" I asked turning my eyeballs to the beautiful woman figure before me.

She quickly pointed behind me. I turned and I saw it. I have never been happier to see a hole in the wall which we call a window before. I have never been so grateful to the inventor of windows, well except when I would sneak out of girls' rooms before they woke up and stuff, but this was different, like if I saw the light, or something heavenly.

"I'll go first," Santos said making his way to the window, "once I say its save pass me Tony."

We nodded. Jumping out the window was an easy task for Santos. He's probably done it thousands of times, that hooligan. We heard shuffling of feet, running and then some metal cans being moved.

"Pass me Tony," he whispered.

Lieutenant got his head and I got his long skinny legs. He is one heavy dude for being so damn skinny. We shoved his head through first so it would be easier for Santos to receive him on the other side of the window. Once we shoved Tony through the Lieutenant hopped over gracefully. I, on the other hand struggled because I didn't want to ruin my hair even more.

"Hurry up before we leave you," Santos growled. I just noticed he's always threatening me with that same line just like my mommy would say 'Jaylen if you don't get your ass in the car I'm going to leave you here' oh mommy how I miss you.

"Hey Jaylen," I heard a beautiful voice call, "can you stop looking out at the sky and hurry."

I nodded and hoped over forgetting my hair. I can always fix it back at the 'base'.

Walking was not my favorite way of getting around but we had no other choice. Man my feet are going to kill me!

***

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Daniel yelled waving his hands like a crazy person, "I thought you were all dead!"

"Chill," I said breathlessly, "We just got caught up in the warehouse. No biggie."

"Pfft, yeah right," Santos and the Lieutenant said simultaneously.

"Okay, okay. So it was a biggie but we are all okay. Now we rest. I'm not even hungry anymore. Stupid zombies."

"All for your stupid ravioli," Santos scoffed landing face first into the couch beside me.

"Hey, I wasn't the one who suggested it," I smiled winking at the lieutenant. She smiled back knowing I was kidding. I wasn't blaming her for taking us there. I got my ravioli and I was a happy man. No matter if we endangered our lives it was totally worth it.

"Don't blame Lieut- the girl for this," Santos hissed getting up from his couch.

"Hey, no one is blaming anyone," Lieutenant fired back getting up in Santos's face, "And the name is Rosa. and I am a woman not a girl. There is a difference," she scoffed offended.

They stared at each other for what felt like, no joke forever until Santos gave up and laid back down without saying a word. I love this chick more as each day passes.

Everything got quiet quickly. I guess we are all really tired especially the ones that went out. Tomorrow shall be a new day. I hope.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so tell me what you think :p

and

vote comment and fan :D please and thank yous