chapter nine

"These zombies in the park they’re looking for my heart

Oh oh oh oh

A dark world aches for a splash of the sun oh oh

If I could find a way to see this straight

I’d run away

To some fortune that I should have found by now" - cough syrup Y.T.G

hope you enjoy :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9- Rosa's POV

"Yeah, that's going to leave a mark," I growled standing above Santos, "Next time be careful who you mess with."

He invaded my personal space and thought he was going to get away with it, thought he was turning me on? Please. I'm hard to warm up and especially with that wanna-be thug act.

He looked up at me through his long lashes surprised still cupping his face.

"We are even now," he said standing up, "and I'm not apologizing unless you do so..." He trailed off sizing me up.

I rolling my eyes and side stepped him making my way to Cory. I wasn't apologizing and I don't need his apology to survive so it doesn't matter to me in the least.

"Whatever," he muttered walking passed me

"Sooo, what's going on with you two love birds?" Jaylen chuckled as we walked in.

Santos's and mine head snapped up in unison, we were definitely not love birds not even friends. Before I could argue differently Santos was smirking.

"Everything is good now. Right babe?"

I snapped my head his way glaring, shooting daggers through my eye balls. He winked and blew me a kiss making me cringe in anger.

"Look, there no need to hide this anymore okay?" He smiled crookedly, "they were bound to find out sooner or later. The attraction between us is visibly strong, they aren't that dumb to dismiss it, well minus Jaylen."

My jaw dropped a little before I could keep myself together.

"That is a lie. I can't stand you," I hissed letting my anger get the best of me, letting this bastard get the best of me.

"Whatever toots," he chuckled, "I'll be waiting for when everyone is deep in sleep." He wiggled his eyebrows and winked before stuffing his face into the pillow. Rolling my eyes I focused my attention on Cory and ignoring everyone else especially that stupid ass.

"I told you man," Jaylen whispered trying to be slick, "I knew it from the very beginning. You owe me 5 cans of ravioli."

"He's obliviously lying," Daniel whispered back, "she hates him."

"Yeah Jaylen Daniel it right," I shouted.

They smiled sheepishly at me before looking away and settling to rest once again.

***

I turned and collided with a giant pillow.

"What the hell?" I asked confused. Why was I lying down? Last time I was awake I was watching Cory.

"Oh my God, Cory are you okay?" I shouted stumbling out of the couch just to crash into something hard.

"Watch where the fu- oh its you," Santos grumbled. He turned back around to stare at the wall, "and Cory is fine."

I relaxed. Cory is okay, good.

"And we leave in 30 minutes. Tony and Cory woke up this morning and they look as good they will get..." He trailed off in thought.

I looked at the back of his head for a split second. Why isn't he looking at me? Ignoring his rudeness, I nodded and proceeded to get up and head to the rest of the guys.

"Good morning Beautiful," Jaylen greeted happily, "you should eat something before we leave."

"Where exactly are you guys headed?" I asked grabbing a granola bar from Daniel's out stretched hand.

"Canada," Daniel smiled.

"Canada?" I questioned confused. Why Canada? Canada is so far away.

"Yeah, we heard its the safest," Tony interjected.

"Oh I see," I said nodding in realization of their plan.

"Your going with us right?" Jaylen asked staring intently at me.

"You see as much as I would love too, I can't," I smiled sadly seeing his hurt face.

"Why?" they all blurted out in unison including Santos.

I looked up to see his burning stare, his greenish eyes burning into my skin accusingly. I blinked and looked away.

"Well I have a duty to this country so I must-"

"Cut the bullshit," Santos growled cutting me off. My eyes going wide in shock. What's his problem?

"What's up your ass?" Jaylen hissed voicing my thoughts, just rephrasing them slightly. I nodded in agreement not being able to speak.

Ignoring Jaylen's question he continued to glare at me. "Why don't you tell everyone the truth? Stop with the whole I'm serving my country shit. Tell us what you were actually doing in this town alone without your soldiers."

Author's POV

Lieutenant Santana was speechless. She didn't know what to say. How did Santos find out?

The lieutenant started to pat herself down looking for something but couldn't find it. Her pockets were all empty.

"Looking for this or this or maybe this?" Santos asked sarcastically pulling out a small notebook, a picture of a baby and two test tubes encased in a small cushioned container.

"You searched me?" Rosa's voice echoed through the silent room.

"Like I said from the beginning I don't trust the government and women. You being both lead me to suspect something was up. So care to explain?" Santos said smiling smugly at his findings. He was right the girl had been hiding something but he didn't know if it was something worth creating such a big deal about. He wasn't a fan of "drama."

"Its not what you think," she exclaimed looking at all the confused and accusing looks she was getting from the guys. How could she explain this to them? Would they understand? Would they blame her for everything? For not trying to stop what happened?

Rosa's POV

I took in a deep breath and stared at the faces before me.

"Hurry up," Santos barked, "we don't have all day for your lies."

"First of all I never lied," I growled running my hand through my hair.

"Then explain because nothing makes sense," Santos spat again. God he was making it so difficult to speak.

"Its not what you guys think," I said looking down. Man these guys are going to hate me.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun, dun dun.... Rosa? not who you think she is huh?

what do you think is up with her? is she even working for the U.S. government? Find out on the  next chapter!

Vote, comment, and fan :D