Chapter Thirteen

i dedicate this chapter to Cqari2Sweet ^^^ for being a awesome reader and leaving helpful comments, i appreciate it tons :D

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 13- Santos POV

"Run and turn left, shoot everything," Santana yelled running with us beside her.

The stampede of creatures advanced behind us making us run even faster. The fucking corner seemed to be miles away making me a little annoyed. Shit like this always happens to us. Is it the girl or just our stupid luck?

"To your left," I heard Jaylen shout out of breath. I lift my gun and fired without aiming, depending just on lady luck. Which is a bad idea, seeing the situation we are currently in, "you got it, bro." He smiled wiping blood off his cheek.

I nodded too busy keeping myself running and looking out ahead. A few stupid shits walked around aimlessly, without noticing the running lunch (us). Shooting them with ease the girl smiled to herself. Sometimes I wonder if she's even a girl. I mean, look at her. OSweating, holding a gun correctly, shooting accurately. She was something else.

"Turn," she yelled curving her body as she leaned into the tight corner. We followed in a straight as the alleyway got narrower. She stopped suddenly making us bump into her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you keep-" but I stopped talking when my eyes came crashing onto the same site she was seeing. Another flock of diseased humans ran towards us, even bigger then the one following us.

"There," she panted jogging quickly to an old fire escape on the side of the tall building wall that was encasing us, "let's go," she said pulling the ladder down and climbing quickly. I shoved Cory ahead of me and went to keep a look out.

"Gun," I shouted to the girl as she looked at me surprised and slightly angry. Processing my words she quickly threw me her machine gun. I removed the safety and went for the mob. Jaylen, the last one was climbing but I wanted to buy more time. I quickly shot down the first row of the mob to my right causing them to fumble amongst themselves. Leaving the other mob alone I ran to the ladder.

"Hurry," Cory urged.

For once I did as he told me rushing up the ladder holding my breath in the progress. As their hands enveloped me tugging me upward I couldn't but feel grateful. They were decent people. Yeah, they had their flaws, but who doesn't besides me? I smirked inwardly as I rose to the top and leaned over the railing looking down at the diseased.

"They are getting faster," I stated. The two mobs had gather at the bottom of the ladder like a pool of starved sharks waiting for the tuna to be dropped. Jumping and screeching like possessed demon children.

"Let's go," Jaylen said pulling me away from the railing.

I followed as we continued to climb endless flights stairs. Where was all these steps leading to? I guess we will find out.

_______________________________________________________________________

So I didn't kill them. They survived. For now muahahahaha.