Chapter 13

After our picnic, Harry noticed he had forgotten his phone at home and that his mum had to have been going absolutely mad, so we drove to his flat.

"Nice place," I say, "You live alone?"

"Yeah," he says, looking through yet another cabinet.

"Cool," I say, nodding and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

Suddenly, I find myself heading into his room, looking at all his stuff that was out in the open, not meaning to invade his privacy. On his bed were two folded blankets that he was probably going to bring on the picnic with him, but had decided against.

On his bed side table he had a picture of an obvious younger, cheekier version of himself, hugging an older man with a small white mustache and long brown hair. Next to the older man was a really pretty woman who had red, short hair. Her hair was curly and her eyes were a bright and vibrant green. She was a spitting image of Harry, despite her hair color.

"Are these your parents?" I ask, picking up the photo.

He peeks into the bedroom, eyeing the picture and he instanty shakes his head. "They're my aunt and uncle."

I nod and smile at him. "Well, you look happy."

"Really?" he asks, sitting on his bed next to me, taking the picture from my hand gently.

"Yeah. I've never seen you smile like that," I say, looking at him as if he's a new mystery that I need to solve.

"Yeah. Well, I'm older now," he laughs, handing me the picture again.

"So?" I ask, "Does that make a difference?"

"Not really. Just, I know more than I did back then. I've seen more," he explains, not quite looking at me.

"Oh," I sigh and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

He nods and sighs, looking up to me.

We stay there, just looking at each other.

"You're beautiful," he says softly.

"You are too," I say back to him, my breath suddenly leaving my lungs.

He smiles and then kisses me, gripping my face as tight as he can. His lips long for me and I can feel his need for me through where our bodies touch.

We soon have ourselves pressed against each other, instantly using the heat of the moment, not thinking at all, just using our youth to work with each other, whispering that we loved each other in between breaths. Even though we knew we loved one another, we couldn't keep from saying it over and over. We did that until morning.