6.

La'Reese POV

"Run that by me more one again ." I said making sure I heard her correctly before I went off outside this damn restaurant .

"Me and your dad got married."

"So when did this take place ?"

"Two months back. We went to justice of the peace ."

"Oh well congrats ." I was no longer interested in this conversation because I didn't want to take my anger out on her when it wasn't her fault that I wasn't aware . I was about to walk off when she grabbed my arm. I looked down at her hand before she quickly removed it . I don't like that touching shit.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to invade your space but I was trying to invite you to the party we're having in replace of a big tradition wedding this coming Friday. It's basically a late reception for extended family and friends ."

"I'll go depending on your answer to my next question."

"Okay."

"I'm I the only one in the immediate family who didn't know about you guys being married ?" I asked already knowing the answer deep down inside.

"Yes . However, I was told by your father that he tried to reach out to you a week before the wedding to tell you what was happening and to invite you to our house for the dinner we had the night of the wedding but you were ignoring him."

"That's some bull and you know it Robin because even if that were true, which it's not. He could've left a voice mail, text message, or even called my mother to get her to deliver the message like he's done on numerous occasions before. He has no excuse what so ever. So thanks for the invite but I not be coming ."

I was no longer in the mood to be here because I know I won't be able to keep my smart remarks to myself and I would hate to ruin their celebration.

The crazy part about it all is I've talked to majority of every person in this room besides my dad within the last two months whether is was via social media or through the phone and no one has ever mentioned my dad being married.

I walked back inside to find the waiter. Just as I walked into the room I seen him arriving with my food. "I was wondering where you were ." He said.

"I stepped out for a second. And I'm sorry to inconvenience you but do you mind giving me my food to go ?"

" Its no problem. I'll be right back with your food and receipt ."

"Okay." I said walking behind him to stand at the room door to wait for his return. I was glad no one was paying attention to me because the last thing I wanted was for one of them to come ask me why I was leaving because I wasn't going to lie nor sugarcoat about how I was feeling.

Once I got my food I got in my car and made my way home. I turned on some turn up music to calm me down.

" I'm on a new level, I'm on a new level
I'm on a new level, I'm on a new level
Bought me a new shovel, put these niggas in the dirt
Chain with the new bezel, all my niggas put in work

Used to be sleeping on itchy beds
Bed bugs in the motel, now your bitch give me head
Twenty bitches in the hotel on a ramen noodle diet "